The Monster's Friends

The next week had been Hell. After everyone learned about Quentin, or Mysterio, they made him a priority 1 target. You couldn't do anything anymore. It was now out of your hands and an Avengers problem. Just waiting around for any word on Quentin was torture on it's own. Felicia and Viv did their best to cheer you up but you kept quiet and focused on your training.

Film Club soon fell off the face of the map and Nadia started skipping school. She was moved to an Avenger safe house due to her relation to Quentin. You tried to visit her a few times but you were always denied access since you were still technally a target of Mysterio. Venom was quiet on most days.

You didn't even know what to do. The worse part was being unable to help your friends. Nadia never answered her phone and Quentin was still on the loose. Widow ordered you to stay out of this one for your own sake. You couldn't tell if that made it better or worse.

You ended up spacing off in class or outright skipping them as you tried to figure everything out. You've dealt with bad guys before. Quentin wasn't Dr. Doom or M.O.D.O.K. He was your friend damnit! At least, you would still like to belive that.

You ended up with a curfew. After school you were to head back to the tower, with an escort. It was usually Danny or Felicia and they would try to talk to you. You never actually heard anything they said. As soon as you got home, you went to your room. After homework, you laid in your closet. Felicia or Viv would come in and try to comfort you but you were so lost in your own mind that you couldn't even keep up a conversation.

It was Friday, a week later, when you were in your room. School went by in a blur and you were pretty sure you didn't eat lunch again. You would have to feed Venom later. Speaking of Venom, he didn't talk today again. You ended up in your closet with your door locked. You hoped that Viv would at least get the idea. You laid there with your eyes closed.

Suddenly you felt something land on your shoulder.

Nadia: Y/N!

You opened you eyes and looked around. She flew in font of you.

Y/N: Nadia? What are you doing here?

She grew to her normal size but misjudged the space in the closet. She ended up falling on top of you knocking the air out of your lungs. She quickly shrunk back down and you phased through the door. She grew back to hed normal size and you picked yourself up.

Nadia: Sorry. It looked much bigger in there.

Y/N: It's fine. What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in the safe house.

Nadia rubbed the back of her neck.

Nadia: Yeah. I kinda, snuck out. For a good reason though!

You shook your head.

Y/N: That's not the point.

Nadia: No-I know. But hear me out.

You sighed.

Y/N: Alright.

Nadia took a deep breath and calmed down.

Nadia: I think I know where Quentin is going to show up next.

You were suddenly paying attention.

Y/N: Where?

Venom peeked out of your shirt.

Nadia: Times Square.

You wanted to slap yourself. Why didn't you think about that before?! Of course he would go somewhere he would be seen by millions. He could attack so many people there.

Nadia: He always said that he wanted to film a movie there. It was his favorite film location.

Venom: Are we going after him?

You looked at Venom. He seemed so small. He was really taking this hard.

Y/N: Yeah. We need to stop him from hurting anyone else.

Venom nodded.

Venom: Ok then.

He dissapeared back under your shirt. You grabbed your uniform and scarf and headed towards your window.

Nadia: You're not going to tell the others?

You stopped at you window.

Y/N: Quentin is our friend. This is between us. I'm not getting anyone else involved.

You threw on your jacket and scarf.

Y/N: If anyone is taking him down, it's going to be us.

You opened the door and ignited your feet. Nadia followed and the two of you flew through the sky. You saw what Quentin was capable of first hand. You knew he was dangerous. You also knew that when it comes down to it you'll have to take him down. The question was, could you?

You looked back to Nadia who looked just as nervous. You already knew how Venom felt about the whole situation. You suddenly stopped and flew to the nearby roof. Nadia followed.

Nadia: What's wrong?

You turned to face her.

Y/N: We're about to go after Quentin. I need to know that you can do this.

Nadia didn't seem surpised. She looked down at the floor before looking back at you.

Nadia: Yes. I can do this. It's the only way to help him.

You nodded in agreement. Nadia crossed her arms.

Nadia: It just hit me that we might die. Quentin is really powerful.

He was able to project life like holograms and was a master of technology. He was very powerful and very tricky.

Y/N: Yeah. We'll have to bring our A game if we're going to beat him.

Nadia: What if we can't?

You looked at her. She was visibly shaken. You approached her and smiled confidently.

Y/N: We will succeed. I promise.

Nadia looked up at you with tears resdy to fall. She suddenly gulped before pulling you down. You were caught off guard as she kissed you. She let go and put her helmet back on. She turned away.

Y/N: What....

Nadia: Let's go. We need to beat him to Times Square.

You looked at her for a moment before smiling.

Y/N: Fine. After we win though, we're talking about that.

Nadia nodded and the two of you took off once again.