The Outcast Asgardian Pt. 2

You watched as Valkyrie chugged down the entire mug filled with alcohol before she slammed it down onto the counter.

Rocket: And I thought Quill had a problem.

Y/N: Are you going to answer my question or not?

Valkyrie wiped the extra fuzz from her lips.

Valkyrie: I don't see why you even want to go to Asgard. That place is just a bunch of "superior beings" who only care about themselves. The moment you're useless you get tossed aside.

Y/N: I have my reasons. Do you know the way or not?

Valkyrie looked back at your companions and smiled.

Valkyrie: She's a cutie. You think I have a shot?

You sighed.

Y/N: She's with me.

Valkyrie: You can join to.

You let your head hit the counter. This was going no where. She just keeps dodging the question. Screw it. Time to bite the bullet and tell her what was really going on.

Y/N: Look, I need to get to Asgard.

Valkyrie: You don't say.

She started to drink her second mug before you sighed.

Y/N: I need to receive Odin's blessing.

She spat out her drink and looked at you like you were a lunatic.

Valkyrie: Are you mad?! Receiving Odin's blessing is impossible even for you!

Y/N: Yeah yeah whatever. Look, I need your help with getting to Asgard. If I don't get that blessing, the entire universe as we know it could be destroyed.

Valkyrie set her mug down and shook her head.

Valkyrie: You know it's not that easy. Even the best captians have trouble even finding a trace of Asgard. Getting there is a completely different story.

Y/N: Which is why I'm asking for your help. I spent the last two years drifting through space to find Asgard and time is running out.

You looked back at Nadia who was listening to Rocket talk to Groot.

Y/N: Please. Help us.

You turned back to Valkyrie.

Y/N: I need these blessings before I can return home. Please.

Valkyrie looked at you for a moment before turning back to her mug.

Valkyrie: I know how you feel. Home is important to everyone. I miss Asgard.

You looked at the counter.

Y/N: Why did you leave?

Valkyrie: Because I saw how they viewed me and my sisters. I'm the last of the Valkyrie. Once they learned that we had failed, they turned their backs on me. It was decades later when I learned that it was all a trick.

She slid her mug away and rested her head on the counter.

Valkyrie: I'm the last of my kind. I couldn't face another Asgardian after I failed them.

You looked at her and recalled your own situation.

Y/N: I was once thrown into a future where I ended up killing most of my friends and family. Those who were left either wanted me dead or went insane. When I returned, I couldn't look at any of them.

She looked up at you.

Y/N: I know how you feel. Alone. Scared of facing everyone. It doesn't have to be that way.