Time Trouble Pt 4

You looked around in awe at the future technology all around the building. Holographic billboards, flying cars, robots, and cool neon signs. The future is cool!

Miguel: Alright. This is Avengers HQ. Make yourselves comfortable while I pull up the information on the others.

You sat on the cool white hover couch and relaxed for the first time in a week. Nadia sat next to you and leaned on your shoulder while Riri looked around amazed. Lockheed landed on your lap and you started to let him.

Y/N: You miss Kitty?

Lockheed let out a whine.

Y/N: Me to bud. We'll find her.

Lockheed nuzzled closer to your chest while Miguel scanned the computers.

Miguel: Lyla, scan any possible Time Circles.

Suddenly a blue hologram of a woman appeared next to him.

Lyla: Yeah yeah. I found a few possible places with signatures matching past Avenger DNA. Some unknown ones to. This is interesting huh?

Miguel: Thanks, you can go now.

Lyla looked a bit annoyed before sighing and walking away. She stopped when she saw Riri and dissapeared only to reappear next to her.

Lyla: Are you Riri Williams?!

Riri looked at you and Nadia before nodding.

Lyla: OMG! I'm a huge fan! You mastered the perfect AI and that led to me being made! You like my God!

Miguel: Stop bugging the poor girl. If you want to do something then get them some food or something. They were stuck in 1775 for a week.

Lyla stuck her tounge out at him before dissappearing again. Nadia was in awe.

Nadia: I've never seen an AI like that before. It was almost, human.

Miguel: Type 22. She's capable of thought, emotion, and can even fall in love. I was against getting her but I was out voted.

He swipped the hologram away and it appeared in front of you and Nadia. You looked at it and saw that it was a map of some kind. It had a lot of circles on it. Each circle had yellow dots inside.

Miguel: The circles are the Time Circles and the dots are the Heroes stuck in them. You can click on one and see who's there.

You clicked on a random one and a page for 1977. The names listed were Sam Alexander and Gwen Stacy. You clicked on another one and saw it was 1957. The names on this one were Eli Bradley and Katie Bishop.

Y/N: So we can go to any of these with those Time Turners?

Miguel: Yeah. Although we only have a limited amount and you can only use it with so many people. Four at most. Until you find more of your friends, I suggest you all stay together.

Lyla walked into the room holding a tray of snacks and placed them on the coffee table. Nadia immediately started to eat while you looked at her. She looked at you and smiled.

Lyla: Wow. Seeing the Monster of Power so young is totally weird. You're a total legend here.

You blushed a bit but smiled.

Y/N: Cool!

Miguel: Let's just hope the rugrats don't get back before you leave.

Nadia: The who?

Lyla: You could stand to be a bit nicer Miguel. They are guests.

Miguel shot her a look before his entire costume suddenly vanished. He looked down at himself confused to be back in his normal clothes.

Miguel: Stop disactivating my suit.

Lyla: Stop being a dick.

Nadia leaned closer to you to whisper.

Nadia: They sound like an old married couple.

Lyla/Miguel: WE DO NOT!

Y/N: How old are you Miguel?

Miguel just rolled his eyes.

Miguel: 16.

You yawned and stood up, careful to place Lockheed on Nadia's lap, before walking over to Miguel and his hologram. Riri joined you as you all looked at the circles.

Y/N: That's a lot of circles. This is gonna take a while.

Riri: It's already been a week.

Miguel: Actually, in terms of your present timeline, you've only been gone for 25 minutes.

Riri: We spent a week in Colonial New York and only 25 minutes have past?

Miguel: Miscalculation. 15 minutes have past.

You and Riri looked at each other in confusion. Miguel tapped on a circle and pointed at it.

Miguel: World War 2. This loop expands through the entire war from 1939 to 1945. You can be in that loop two times and only 15 seconds will past.

You shook your head.

Y/N: So you're telling me that we can spend years, decades even, in these loops and we would only age by a couple of minutes?

Miguel: Of course. Once you beat Kang and return time to it's original form then you will all reappear in New York exactly how you left.

Your jaw dropped.

Riri: What about the others?

Miguel: Depends on what Time Circle. Some of your friends might have been in their loops for years already while some might have just gotten there. I don't know which ones have been going on though.

Y/N: What if we do something in a past loop? Would that affect the future?

Miguel: Well, it's weird but if you do something then that's just what happened. You can't change time in situations like this. Say you shoot Hitler in WWII, Hitler was found dead when the US went into his bunker. That means you were the one who killed Hitler. That's probably the best way I can explain it without going into some long lecture.

Lyla: And his lectures are long.

He glared at her before turning back to you. He handed you his Time Turner and showed you how to use it.

Miguel: This is already connected to the data we have. Just select a Circle and you'll go there. Just remember to remove all time misplacements before you return otherwise when the timeline is fixed, they'll stay behind.

You nodded and attached the watch to your wrist. You activated the hologram on it and looked at the many circles.

Y/N: Alright then. Since time works differently, you think we could rest for a bit before heading out?

Miguel nodded and you returned to the couch. You were about to grab one of the sandwiches but found the plate completely gone. Nadia just looked away while whistling. You smiled and sat down next to her.

Y/N: Were they good at least?

Nadia smiled and nodded. Maybe you could catch some shut eye before you head out.