Kitten

(The picture doesn't have anything to do with the chapter. I just liked it ;w;)

Mask's pov

"Are weee almoooost home...?" "We're close Masky. Just keep-" Skull's voice was interrupted by a small meow. "Did yoooou hear thaaaat?" "Yeah...sounded like a cat." I looked around, until I saw a black, fuzzy ball curled up in the snow. I took off my scarf and picked up the shivering floor, drying it off. "We neeeeeed to get it toooo a vet!" "Ok...." Skull quickly pulled out his phone and looked up. "There's one down the road." I nodded, and quickly walked off, the kitten still in my arms.

~Later~

"A-Are theeeey ooook?" "Hmm...12 weeks old....Female...She's not microchiped...Healthy...."
The vet took some notes on her clipboard, and looked up at us. "You said you're willing to keep her?" "Yes. Yes we are." "Well, no point in sending her to a shelter when two good people are willing to adopt!" I smiled. "We'll have to give her some medicine and a check up....That'll take about half an hour...You can go to the pet shop across the street while we do that, and get her some food and toys. I have a list of things newborn kittens need...So you can take that, and we'll take care of her." She handed us a piece of paper, and smiled at us. Skull put an arm around me. "We'll do that." 

Skull led me out, and we entered the pet store. "What dooooooo we neeed?" "Uh...Food, toys, treats, dental...things, a litter box and litter, and a bed." I hugged Skull. "Leeeet's gooo then..."

~Later again~

"What size bed for her?" "UUuuuhh..." I grabbed a small pet bed, and looked over it. "Thiiiis ooone!" My boyfriend laughed. "Ok. I think that's it." He looked over the list and kissed my cheek. "Yup." "Dooooo yooou thiiink we shooould hed baaack...?" "Yeah. C'mon. Let's go pay."
As we were paying, Skull turned to me. "What should we name her?" "Nightshaaade!" "Nightshade?" I nodded. "That's adorable..." We walked back to the vet, and the secretary smiled at us. "Dr. Choco is ready for you." She pointed down the hallway, and we walked down, opening the door to the room. "There you are! She's been meowing ever since you left!" 
The little kitten turned to us and mewed.  

"Aww

"Aww....Hey liiiiittle giiiirl..." "Did you manage to find everything?" "Yup. We got everything." The vet smiled. She handed Skull a bottle of liquid, and a syringe. "Give this to her once a week. It's penicillin." "Got it." "We haven't microchiped her yet, so if you want to do that, come back in a few weeks." She wrapped Nightshade in a blanket, and handed her to me. "There...She'll probably fall asleep on the way home..." Me and Skull smiled at each other. "Just come to us once a month for check ups, ok?" "Got it." "Well, I'll send you on you your way!" "Bye..."
We left the vet, walking back to our apartment.

~Later~

Nightshade fell asleep the moment we put her in her new bed. "Well...Your dream came true. Our own little kitten." I nodded. My boyfriend kissed my neck and yanked me down on the couch. "I think the two of us need a little rest...We had a big day..." I nodded. 
Skull pulled a fluffy blanket over us, and we cuddled each other as Skull turned on a movie.
"I love you..." "Loooove you toooooo..."