Bad puppy

Mask's pov

"C'mon Shaady...It's cooooold oout..." My little kitten mewed, and stayed put in her spot, not moving an inch. "Niiiiightshaaaade...."  I sighed and just picked her up, before a large husky jumped on me. "Eep!" "Flurry! Bad dog!" A voice called. A boy my age walked up to me, and the dog hopped down. "Sorry about him...he must have smelled your cat..." I smiled. "I-It's fiiiine..." The doggo, Flurry, sniffed my hand, and I scratched his head. "I think he likes you..." The boy chuckled. "What's....uh...Your name?" "Mask. Yoooours?" "Skull..." I blushed. "That's....a niiiice name..." "Thanks...I got it for my birthday...." I giggled. "I'll...I'll see you around?" I nodded. "That soooounds...gooood..." "G-Great...Well...I'll see you later!" "Bye..." We looked at each other and quickly walked in our separate directions. 

"Woooow...He waaaaaaas cute, wasn't heeee...?" Nightshade mewed, as if to agree with me.
I just let out a dreamy sigh.

~the next day~  

"Hm...Maaaaybe I should get youuuu a stuffed animaaaaal..." "Mew!" "Yes? Ok...hoooooow abouuuut..." "Mask?" "Huuuuh? O-Oh! S-Skull...!" "Hey..." I had to look up to make eye contact with him. "I-I didn't expect you to be here...." I looked at the floor. "W-Well.....saaaame tooo yoouuu..." "....Would...uh...Would you like to get a coffee with me some time?" "Hm?" "I know a pet friendly cafe...We can meet up there...if you want to.." "...I'd like that..." I mumbled, blushing like crazy.  I pulled my notebook out of my bag, ripped out a clean sheet of paper, and wrote my number on it. "T-Theeree..." "...Thanks...So when's a good day...?" "Any daaay reaally..." "How about Sunday?" "Sounds goooooood..." "I'll...see you then..." I nodded shyly, scooped up Nightshade, and rushed out of the store, my face on fire.

~Sunday~

"It was nice of you to agree to this...Even though we barely know each other...and I technically asked you out on a date because my dog attacked you..." He chuckled. "Do you want a coffee...?" I nodded. "If it's nooooot tooo muuch troooooouble..."  "It's not..." He got up, and pulled his wallet  out of his hoodie. "What kind?" "...Blaaaack coffee..." He smiled. "Got it..."

A few minutes later, he set down the cup in front of me. "So...how about we get to know more about eachother?" "Ok..."

Nightshade's pov

I looked at the big ol' doggy in front of me. "Hi! I'm Nightshade, I'm this many, and we're going to be best friends!" "...." The big ol' doggy growled. "What's your name?" "Flurry...." "That's a fun name! I have no clue what it means!" "Why are you bugging me?" "Well, there isn't anywhere for us to go! And you look cool!" "Is it the scar...?" "YEAH! Why do you have it?" "I don't remember. But my owner has a scar on his cheek that looks like mine...That's one of the reasons he adopted me..." "That's cute!" "....Were'd your owner find you?" "The side of the road!" "What?" I smiled. 
"I was in a snow bank, and then my owner found me, and now I get tuna!" Flurry smiled. 
"You have lots of energy..." "I'm excited!" I hopped around him, and scratched Mask's leg. "Hm...? Whaaaat is iiit baaaaby...?" He picked me up, and I meowed at him. "Can I have a cookie?" I asked. "....Do yooooou want a treeeeat?" "YEAH! COOKIE!" He reached into his bag and pulled out a bag of cat cookies. "Here..." He sat one in front of me, and I ate it, hopping down from the chair. "Love you..." I mumbled, cronching on the cookie.

~later~

Mask's pov 

"I had a fun time today..." "Soooo did I..." Skull placed a hand on my cheek, and pulled down my bandana. "Do you want....to...y'know..." I lifted my mask and smiled. "Yes...." We leaned in, and kissed, our pets running around us in circles. We pulled apart, slightly panting. "That...was amazing..." I let go of the hug we were in, and stepped back a little. "it...it waaaas..." "Would you consider meeting me again tomorrow?" I nodded. "I woooould looove that..." "Great...want me to walk you home?" "It's fiiiine..." "...Are you sure?" "Yeah..." "Well...I'll see you tomorrow..." "Bye...." I picked up Nightshade again, and walked down the street to my apartment. I opened the door, unhooked her leash, and flopped on the couch. "....I'm in loooovee wiiith him......" I sighed, hugging a pillow. Nightshade jumped into my arms, and curled up. "I love you Shady..." "Mew!" 

Skull's pov

I sat on my bed and sighed. "God he's cute..." Flurry laid at my feet, and I picked him up. "Your getting heavy..." I pet him as I scrolled through the few pictures I had taken of Mask. "...How would you feel about having a second dad...?" I asked, rubbing his ear.
He moved a little, resting on my thigh. "Yes?" He growled in response.
"Yeah...I think so too."

A short Pixie and Brutus inspired chapter ^w^