Chapter 123

June 4th
Atlas (1 year)
Asher, Ivy, and Iris ( 4 months 1 week)

"Draco Malfoy you just started getting better! You are not going to work tomorrow! You can't even walk straight! Don't make me get that darn pan!"

Draco's POV

That's what Harry said to me yesterday. It's now 10 in the morning and Harry is either up by now or going to be up soon... and me well I'm at work. "So today you will be using this class to proofread your essays with another student because I'm in no condition to be making potions" I groan.
Some kids let out tiny cheers and I send them a glare shutting them up immediately. I use my desk and limp over to my chair sitting down into it slowly hoping I don't tear the wound.
It hurts that's for sure and I'm starting to think I should have listened to Harry.  I stare at the piles of cards on my desk.  Most of them get-well cards. 
   Everybody knew about everything that had to happen and I wasn't exactly happy about it.  It's my life with my boyfriend and my son, and I feel like an awful father.  I feel like an awful boyfriend! I couldn't keep them safe.
  I sigh and put my elbows on my desk laying my head in my hands, massaging my scalp. I need to work!  I need to be here!  Stick through it Draco everybody has suffered you can stay at work for a week.
     "Professor Malfoy!" One of the 7th years' shouts pulling me from my trance.  I look up to see them all staring at me "yes?" I answer no one in particular because I really had no idea who had called for me.
   "Are you okay?" the boy asked.  He was in the back of the class next to his partner with a worried expression.  Now that I looked at them, all the students had worried faces.  
  "I'm okay just in a little bit of pain" I chuckle a fake laugh "thank you though" he smiles at me and all the kids get back to their writing some still with an uneasy look.
  "If you have questions just raise your hands and I'll come over" I reassure them as they all nod their heads. 

*

  I was now releasing my last class before the first break, and I sighed a happy sigh. Then shuffle my way over to my chair.  Just as I was about to sit down the door swings back open.
  I turn around slowly to see Willow! "H-how I just let my last student out and your class is-  How did you get all the way over here!" I ask as she storms over to me with the same stone-cold expression on her face.
"Willow?" I say completely turning around.  She stops in front of me and I look down at her.  The angry child raises her hand and smacks me across the face causing me to cringe back in shock.  Then she pulls me into a hug her shoulders shaking "Willow what's wrong" I ask rubbing her upper back. 
  She pulls her head out and looks back up at me tears streaming down her face.  "Nobody would tell me anything... s-so when I heard you were here today I had to come seen you as soon as possible" she cries hiding her head into my stomach.
   "Willow what do you mean!" I ask running a hand over her hair.  She doesn't pull back or glare at me or anything when I touch her hair so I know it must really matter to her.
   "I thought you were dead!" She shouts her crying becoming louder.  I grab my wand from my pocket and quickly shut the door to stop the staring kids.  "Why would you think that" I whisper trying my best to comfort her.
  "Nobody would tell me anything except that you had been hurt and lost a lot of blood... then whenever I asked about you... t-they told me that you weren't doing well!" She sobs, tightening her grip on me. 
  I hold in a grunt of pain knowing she would feel awful.  "I'm okay I promise"  I whisper and she just continues to cries.  I let her be for a few minutes until she takes her head out of my stomach again.
  "Don't ever do that again" she whispers sternly her eyebrows furrowing. I chuckle to myself once again ignoring the pain.  "They really don't lie when they say you're bipolar," I say holding in a laugh.
  "I'm not bipolar I'm an emotional wreck aka a lesbian" she groans slapping my arm playfully.  I can't hold in the laughter anymore.  I start laughing, but it turns into a gasp of pain and I hunch over holding my desk.
  That pain soon turns into a coughing fit as I try to catch my breath again. Willow rushes over rubbing my back lightly as she leads me over to my chair.  She helps sit me down and I grab my water taking a drink almost coughing it back up as well.
  "S-sorry," I say between coughs as she looks to me with sad eyes "it's okay" she whispers and I finally start to breathe right.  "Merlin it hurts," I groan with a raspy voice.
   "I hope it gets better" she smiles trying to make the atmosphere a little less quiet and awkward.  "Me too," I say out of breath.  "Plus I overheard Harry talking to Ron about how he finds scars hot and attractive" I grin evilly while wiggling my eyebrows making Willow giggle.
   The injury ran diagonally across my back.  From my right shoulder blade to the bottom left of my back.  I bite the inside of my cheek and look back to Willow.  "So how's Octavia,"  I ask changing the subject for her.
   Her face goes red and she gives me a look saying that if I wasn't injured she would kill me right then and there.  Her flustered face then turns into a bashful one.  "Well I'm still waiting for you to approve of her since you weren't here for a while... we have just been talking... We hang out in the library a lot! And the outside common grounds!" She says her voice bouncing from shy to excited and back to shy again.
    I feel kind of bad because it had been more than a month since I told Willow I would watch Octavia and see if I approve, and Willow has been waiting this whole time.  The truth is Octavia is an incredibly sweet girl I just worry for Willow.
  I take a deep breath before looking up to Willow who was still having a mini panic.  "Today... I will make my final decision" I smile up at her as she freezes in her spot.
  Her eyes go wide with excitement "wait really" she asks leaning closer to me "you better not be lying to me" she whispers narrowing her eyes.
   This child terrifies me sometimes. "Nope, not lying" I laugh as she jumps back and raises her hands in the air.  "Hell yeah!" She shouts as I rub the bridge of my nose "language" I warn her and she puts a hand over her mouth "says you... the one with a big potty mouth!"
   Before I could make a comeback there is a faint knock on the door.  "Come in" I call and the door slowly opens.  "Hey sorry I saw Willow run by me crying and I haven't been able to find her so I wanted to see if she came to you"  The one and only Octavia walks in her hands running through her hair as she looks to the ground with a concerned expression. 
  Once Scree looks up she sees me and spots Willow next to me. Her mouth slips into a smile as she closes the door behind her.  It drops again once she notices her tear-stained face.
   "What happened I was so worried," Octavia asked rushing over to her.  Willow becomes extremely flushed as Octavia takes Willow's face in her hands.  Wiping the girl's' tears with her thumbs.
   Octavia's face softens at the sight of the girl and I try my hardest to not just awe at the situation in front of me.  I lay back in my chair causing it to scratch the floor startling the two girls. 
  Scree takes her hands away quickly putting them to her sides "sorry Professor... I'll go now!  Just wanted to make sure she was okay" Octavia shouts her voice full of embarrassment and panic.
  I chuckle making me, hiss and throw a hand to my back.  "It's fine I'll see you at class" I smile through the pain as the girl nods her head taking one last look at the awestruck Willow who was now touching her face where Octavia's hands just were.
  "Willow you should be heading to lunch too,"  I say shooing her away with a smile as Octavia stops to wait for her.  "Wanna walk together," she asked cocking her head to the side as Willow violently shakes her head up and down. 

The same thought had been running through my mind a lot lately.

Why am I waiting?

What am I waiting for?

"I think I'm going to marry Harry... I think I'm going to propose"