116 | a love that lasts forever

𝐅𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 116"A LOVE THAT LASTS FOREVER"

𝐅𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲
𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 116
"A LOVE THAT LASTS FOREVER"
..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈

  THE WAVES CRASHED AGAINST EACH OTHER ONE BY ONE, hugging each other like they had been lost forever. The screeching warm wind cheered them on each time they collided, bringing them closer and closer to each other. The sun had disappeared. The sky was a mixture of a soft pink, purple, and orange color: it was beautiful.

   I sat in the sand with Adam at my side. This has been the best day ever, and I knew Adam had enjoyed the party by the huge smile on his face. Today was his day, and it's what he deserved. He had his hand on my lap while I clung onto his arm, my head on his shoulder and his head on top of mine. It was calm and relaxing and I could stay like this forever.

   We were still in our swimwear, but since the sun was going down and the wind was still blowing I had gotten a little bit cold. So, Adam gave me the windbreaker he had brought with him. I wore it comfortably with a huge smile plastered on my face.

   Most people had left the party, aside from his family, The Cameron's, the gang, Ms. MacKay and Charlie, Ken, and Luis, who by Kade's words, were still a part of the gang, but the adopted children from Minnesota. I adored the relationship the gang had formed with the boys even though they all hated each other at the beginning, but now everything had turned around for the hood, and I had hoped things would get better as life progressed. I knew it would. I had faith.

My gazed shifted over to Adam who had been messing with something in his hand on the other side where I couldn't see. As much as I wanted to know what was going on, I figured he was still nervous in the relationship not knowing if something was too much, or wasn't too much, which was how I felt. I wasn't sure if I was annoying half of the time or if I should do this and that but it was all going to get easier.

Suddenly Adam sighed. I furrowed my eyebrows together. I tightened my grip on his arm and lifted my head.

"What's up, babe?" I asked him quietly. The boy boy his lip. He looked back down at his hand in hopes to avoid the question which made me even more concerned and confused. "Adam?" He snapped his head towards me.

   "I- uh.., I-" something was wrong. Something was really wrong and it was starting to worry me. I bit my lip as Adam looked down. Soon enough, the anticipation building up, the boy huffed and brought whatever he held in his hands into view in front of his face. It was a box, a small black velvet box. I had no idea what it was, but whatever was inside was very important to Adam that was causing him to act the way he was. It was kinda cute. He was nervous.

   "What..., is it?" The words spilled from my mouth slowly like the crashing waves had slowed. He removed his arm from me and sat up, turning around so we were facing each other and had a better view of each other. He finally stopped and looked up at me, his deep ocean colored eyes meeting with mine. It was easy to say that every time I looked into his eyes, I fell more in love with him than I already had been. He was perfect in every single way there was to me.

   "It's something I got for you. And I," he paused for a moment looking down like he had been doing. He glanced back up, with more confidence and his eyes bolder than before, "and I don't know how you're going to react. But when I was going to go buy you something.., I-I was looking around at the store—originally it was going to be something else.., be something you always wear.., but I always hear you talk about how much you want one of these.., and like you, it was so beautiful.., so mesmerizing.., it caught my eye and I knew I had to get it for you..," he stuttered.

My cheeks turned a bright shade of red, my smile so wide that my cheeks were starting to ache, but I didn't care. I still didn't know what he was talking about, but whatever it was, I knew I was a lucky girl. And I had the best guy in the world.

He held the box out in front of me, slowly opening in with his shaky hands. Once the box was open, I gasped. My hands were quick to fly to my mouth and cover it in shock. My eyes traveled from the box to Adam.

"A ring? Adam.. it's, it's so beautiful! You didn't have to do that, but... but thank you, it's beautiful!" I said without a breath. Before the boy could say anything else, I leaned forwards, placing my hands on his cheeks and smashing my lips into his. When I pulled away, his cheeks were as red as the bright sky above us. I smiled even more.

"Foster, look, I know it's early. We've only been together for almost 6 months, but it's 6 months, half a year, and, but," he corrected, "I know, I have the strongest feeling in my stomach, in my gut, in my head that I can't get out, I'm going to marry you. And people might say I'm in over my head, but I want to marry you. We've been through so much together already. So this is my promise to you. This is my promise that I am not going to leave you. Not never, not ever. And some day, that ring will be replaced with a real one, when we're engaged. When we're older and when we're married."

I could feel tears falling from my eyes. I was crying out of pure happiness. I never experienced love before, I've never been in any other relationship beside the one I was in now. And to have a relationship this hood where I felt loved was amazing. I cared so much for him, and I knew he cared so much for me, and this was how I wanted it to last forever. We were going to make this last forever. Forever.