eight | night waves

foster gray

foster gray

-Anaheim, CA
-late night at the beach

    Yesterday when we arrived, it was sort of late. Coach Bombay let us unpack and go to sleep. Little did I know that Connie and Julie refused to share a room with me, so I got the smallest room here, all by my self. It was kind of nice.

    I woke up early this morning and made breakfast for everyone. I left a note saying it was Ms. MacKay, yet I had no idea where she was staying.

     If they knew it was me no one would eat it.

     Today was a free day. I spent my day alone, walking around to different stores. When the sun started to set, I headed to the beach and just sat in the sand.

    That's where I currently was. It was dark out. The only light was from the moonlight and the street lamps.

     It was quiet here. It was relaxing hearing the sound of the waves. My first time at the beach, and I never wanted to leave.

     In the distance, there were some kids my age messing around, having fun. But I ignored them and had my own fun watching the water.

     I wish my friends were here. This is something they'd love to see. Holly had seen it plenty of times, but I know she'd never get tired of this view.

     I suddenly heard screaming from the kids in the distance.

     "Help!" I heard, "help!"

      I was quick to get onto my feet. I bolted down the beach to them in panic. I quickly reached them.

     "What's wrong? What happened?" I bewilderedly asked.

      A girl came running to me crying. I tried to calm her down. I heard the others screaming the name 'Alex'.

      "They were just messing around, he didn't mean to hurt him. Josh pushed Alex down, Alex smacked his head, and now we can't find him!" The girl anxiously said.

     I put my hands on her shoulders, "hey, everything will be fine, okay?"

     I quickly took my shirt off, leaving my spandex on. I ran into the water where everyone else was.

     "Where was he last?" I asked them all.

     "Over here!" A guy called. I swam over to him, and studied the way the water was going. I swam in that direction. When I thought I was far enough, I went underwater and opened my eyes.

     It was so dark, but luckily, one of the girls had a glow stick. That'd help a little, so I took them and continued looking for the boy.

     I came back up for air and looked around. I drifted back a lot. But I wasn't worried about that.

     I suddenly saw a head, and then a foot above water. I took a deep breath and swam over. It had to be the boy.

    When I got to him, he looked pale. I rolled onto my back and placed my arm across his chest, pulling him back to the sand with me.

    Another guy came over to help me. We quickly made it back to shore.

    "Oh my gosh, he's not breathing!" Another girl yelled. They all started gathering around him.

     "Back up, please," I asked as nicely as possible. I gave him mouth to mouth. I quickly stopped and laid my head on his chest to head a heartbeat. There wasn't one.

      I tried again, stopped, and finally heard one. I back up once he eyes opened, and he started to cough up water. He looked at everyone in shock and sat up.

      "What happened?" He groggily asked. All of his friends gathered around him again. I backed away.

    He was good, he was alright. I sighed in relief, running a hand through my wet and knotty hair.

    The group didn't need me anymore, so I decided to turn around and head back to the dorms.

   It was a chilly walk back. I put my shirt back on, but it got wet due to my top and my hair. It eventually made it back to the dorms and tiredly walked to my room.

    I wasn't sure what time it was, but I knew it was late. I got a shower and tried to sleep, but I couldn't.

    I headed to the lounge instead.

    Through the glass windows, I saw the whole team was there. I was going to turn around and go back to my room but when I noticed Connie was taking about me, I walked in. I stood behind her so she wouldn't notice.

    "You know, her mom left her because she's crazy. No one likes her. She doesn't have any friends from Point Place. Everyone there says she's annoying and they say she's always talking bad about everyone. Did you know she talks crap about you guys? All the time," Adam looked up at me with sorrow on his face, "Adam, do you know what she said about you?"

     I crossed my arms. Adam looked at the two of us confused.

     "She said she wants to get in your pants, and then she's always saying how bad you are at hockey, and how ugly you are and so on," Adam looked at me hurt.

    I threw my arms down in defeat, "did you really say that about me?" He asked.

    Tears formed in my eyes, "of course no-"

    "Yeah she did. Heard it myself," Julie said, agreeing with Connie. Her now too?

    The girls evilly laughed. Adam got up from the couch, waking closer to me. I looked up at him now crying.

    "I can't believe you'd say that. I thought we were friends," he pushed past me. I stumbled backwards. I looked at everyone else in shock.

    "Connie, Julie..." I said, just above a whisper, "why are you doing this to me?"

     Before they could answer, I turned on my heels and ran out of the room.

   Why is the girl trying to ruin my life? There's no way she jealous of me. No way.

    I wanted to get out of here.