107 | ducks are back

𝐅𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 107"DUCKS ARE BACK"

𝐅𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲
𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 107
"DUCKS ARE BACK"
..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈

PRESSURE: the use of persuasion, influence, or intimidation to make someone do something. All pressure was put on me to decided whether to be a goalie for the last minute of the game, or to just let it go.

    Time was ticking faster that I had expected. I bounced my knee up and down anxiously. I couldn't do this. Someone came in front of me, leaning over the wall just to face me. It was Adam. I could tell just by the smell of cashmere.

   "Look at me, Foster, look at me," he said with a calming tone. He placed his hand gently on my cheek, turning my head so that we could face each other. I felt relieved seeing him there, finally saying something nice to me, actually being nice to me. His face was inches away from mine. I gazed at him with worried eyes, "1991 Point Place PeeWee Championship," he spoke. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "you won that game as a goalie because your goalie was hurt. You didn't know how to play goalie, but you studied every move the other goalie made and compromised, and you won."

   I sighed, "but that was five years ago, Adam. I-I can't do that now! I want us to win, not to lose," I frowned. The boy sent me sad eyes.

   "Study Scooters moves. There's only two more minutes left in the game. I know you can do this. You are capable of anything," he told me. A small smile wanted to form on my face but I quickly wiped it off. I sent him an unsure look.

However, of course, I knew he was right. We needed a goalie. I knew what I was doing, sort of, and if I studied Scooter's moves, I could do it. I nodded my head before looking over at Coach. Adam backed away from me with a proud smile on his face.

"Okay, I'll do it," I told Coach Orion, "I'll do it."

"I will help you if you need it. Just call my name, and I'll be there to help, I promise!" Adam shouted over the cheers. I smile wide at him as I was pushed away from the group by the girls so we could go to the locker room and they could help me change. Of course I was beyond nervous. What if I couldn't stop a goal?

   And of course I was scared to go back to the locker room alone with these girls. What if this was their way of getting back at me? Locking me alone in the storage closet? Even just the entire locker room itself?

   I shook the thought off. I needed to stop being paranoid. This wasn't like California anymore, or I at least I hoped it wasn't like California anyone.

    Soon enough, I was geared up and ready to go.

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈

I was at my spot at the goal, nerves filling my entire body. The girls didn't lock me in any room alone. Of course I was paranoid like usual.