124 | hockey brawl

𝐅𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 124"HOCKEY BRAWL"

𝐅𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲
𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 124
"HOCKEY BRAWL"
..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈

    Sitting down in the practically empty cafeteria of the hospital, I felt some relief. I had been on my feet all day and sitting down to finally eat was what I had been looking forward to for hours, and a nice meal of chicken Alfredo. It smelled amazing and I knew it was going to be amazing.

   I took a seat with Coen and Grace who came here for her break just to eat with us. I threw my belongings on the empty seat beside me and sighed.

   "How's your day been so far, Fos?" Grace asked with a sarcastic tone. I glared at her which only made her laugh. That meant it was not going good at all.

   "My goodness, some guy came in this morning with a ballpoint pen in his throat. He didn't swallow it or anything, it was literally in his throat, like he was sta-"

    I felt the pager in my pocket start to vibrate. Quickly, I scrambled to reach it and read it. 911 it read. I groaned loudly. I packed my things back up just in time for it to go off again. Once I stood up, I checked again. hcky brl @ baylor. My eyes widen.

   "What is it?" Grace asked suspiciously. I threw my jacket on and grabbed my packed up food full of anticipation for the moment ahead.

   "Hockey brawl at Baylor University. Minor Leagues are there tonight and Baylor always plays a rough game so I'm not surprised but for me to get paged to the sight, this shall be interesting," I rushed to tell her, "if it's anything like Canada, this is going to be a long night."

   Grace laughed while Coen grew confused.

   "Canada?" He asked me. I nodded my head while shrugging my shoulders.

   "Long story short, I got beat up during a Canada game by someone who is now one of my best friends," I smiled widely. As Coen handed me the last of my stuff, he gazed at me shocked. I slightly laughed but thanked the boy.

   "Good luck out there, Foster!" Grace shouted to me as I started to run through the cafeteria. I sent her a small wave before making it out of the doors.

   I ran through the hospital lightening fast. Not only was my speed on the ice was great, but when it came to situations like this the adrenaline in me was so high I was unstoppable.

   Eventually I made it to the pit, or the emergency part of the ER where one of the hospitals vans was waiting outside to take a few of us to the scene of the brawl which wasn't far away. Rick was already waiting in the pit for me when I got there, all of my medical bags gathered up and ready. I thanked him as we made it to the van.

   Once we got situated, I sat back and started to eat the food I've been craving all day causing my coworkers to laugh at me, but at the same time, this was all normal.