fifty seven| minesota lovin'

F O S T E R G R A Y

F O S T E R
G R A Y

-Edina, Minnesota
-banks' backyard

   I never thought I'd say it was nice to be back in Minnesota. When I was first here, I hated it. But that was only because of how I felt emotionally. I didn't realize how beautiful the city actually was, but now that I had a clearer mind, my eyes were wide open.

I decided to ditch the hotel for the day. Coach Bombay wanted to do something with us all before we all had to leave tomorrow.

It was my final night together with the team. We were all leaving at different times throughout the day so none of us would be going to the airport together.

   I was currently at the Banks' house, no surprise, with Adam, Ken, and Luis. We all helped get things ready for tonight because Adam's parents were letting us have the campfire Coach Bombay was planning here in their back woods.

I loved the Banks family so much. They treated everyone so well. They were like another family to me, and reminded me of the Cameron's so much.

   I carried bags or marshmallows and boxes of graham crackers in my arms that were full to the set up in the woods. I struggled, but in front of me, Mrs. Banks and Adam's 19 year old sister had their hands full.

The boys gathered up logs and sticks while Mrs. Banks, Crystal and I gathered up all of the food and and even made food for the evening. It was actually really fun spending time with Adam's mom and sister. They were both so nice.

When we got to the setup, I dropped everything I held onto a table sitting to the side, letting out a heavy breath of exhaustion.

"Are you alright, sweetie?" Mrs. Banks asked concerned. I glanced over at the woman who neatly set things up on the other table. I nodded my head, though I wasn't.

My head was pounding. I've done so much in the last few days that I knew I wasn't supposed to, and I've hardly gotten sleep. But I didn't want anyone to worry. I'd be fine.

"Just a little tired, that's all," I lied letting out a small laugh. The woman pursed her lips together. She stopped what she was doing and placed her hands on her hips.

"That's the same exact tone Adam uses when he lies," she told me with a stern look. She started to walk towards me. "You're pale, honey," she then placed her cold hands on my forehead, "and you're warm. Do you want to go inside and get a drink and sit down for awhile?"

   I nodded my head. She firmly placed her hand on my lower back and lead me back to the house. I know if I told her I was fine, she'd take me inside anyways. Mrs. Banks was the kind of person to make sure you were fine, even if you said you were.