103 | victory

𝐅𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 103"𝑽𝑰𝑪𝑻𝑶𝑹𝒀"

𝐅𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲
𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 103
"𝑽𝑰𝑪𝑻𝑶𝑹𝒀"

"I've got some business in Chicago, but I'll be back soon." Coach Bombay spoke as Charlie and I walked out of the conference room with him and Coach Orion. We came to a halt at the door, and as soon as he said Chicago, I could one think of one thing. Dean Portman.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, like, what park of Chicago? Like, Dean Portman Chicago?" I asked, my words mixing together as I spoke. Coach Bombay looked at me skeptically and unsurely.

"Well, maybe," he started. Joy grew inside of me but he was quick to shut that down. "Foster, look, it's business stuff and as much as I'd love to talk to you about it, I can't. I'm sorry."

    I nodded my head. The corner of my lips moved upwards the slightest bit, "don't be sorry, Coach, I completely understand and respect your clients privacy." I smiled. "You already said it wasn't Dean, well, you didn't confirm it at least and this really is a long stretch, but if God has a way of somehow making you and Deano run into each other, can you please let him know that we all love him and miss him? And that we all wish him nothing but the best and hope he's alright, please? I..., I have an odd feeling that something is up, and he hasn't responded to any of my messages, and I'm just worried. I don't know what he's going through, but I have an idea of it."

   Coach returned the small smile. He nodded his head with a proud grin on his face. He set his brief case in the ground before pulling me into a tight hugged that I missed the most. It reminded me of my fathers hugs, and Coach Bombay was just like him. I enjoyed the embrace while it lasted. Before the man pulled away, he placed a fatherly kiss on the top of my head. He picked his brief case back up.

    "If I see him, I will be sure to tell him." He responded. My smile grew. I nodded my head as a way to thank him. "Take care, Foster. If you need anything, please give me a call, okay?"

I nodded once more. It sucked that he'd have to leave again, but work was work. He had his own life. He wasn't our coach anymore, and he had other things to do. Eventually, we parted our separate ways. I found my way to the rest of the Ducks. It had surely been a crazy day.

"With all of the recent stress," Adam spoke softly, walking into the living room from the dinner room with bags in his hands, "I think we deserve a night off."

I looked at the blonde boy confused once he came to a halt in front of me. He stepped over my legs that rested on the coffee table in front of me, almost tripping in the process. He quickly caught himself and brushed it off while I held back my laughter. He was such a clutz, literally, all the time.

He threw the bags onto my lap while fixing himself onto the couch beside me. I dug straight into the bags that left my thighs feeling cold. What in the world? My hand grabbed ahold of a frozen object. I had no idea what it was, but decided to pull it out of the bag. My eyes widened once I saw what it was. I looked over at the boy beside me in shock with a wide smile growing on my face.

"Ice cream!" I shouted with joy. I quickly looked back down at the pint. "Oh my goodness! It's even the one without lactose! Awe, Wanksie, I love you!"

    I heard the boy chuckle. He finally took a seat beside me on the couch. Meanwhile, I glanced back into the bag he had thrown in my lap. There were so many pints of ice cream, but why? I glanced over at the boy confused.

   He smiled at me uneasily, "surprise?" He spoke as if it was a question. When my confused look remained and I didn't speak, the boy sighed. "Fine, okay, we're having a movie night with the boys."

   My eyes slightly widened. I furrowed my eyebrows together, "the.., the boys?" I asked in response. I wasn't sure if I should be concerned, upset, or excited about this. I wasn't even sure what boys Adam had been talking about, but I sort of felt like I just wanted to be alone with Adam.

"Yeah, the boys," Adam said. I still looked at him confused. I grew the slightest bit agitated. I wasn't sure why. Maybe it was just because it was that time of the month, or maybe my nice girl self was slowly fading away from me.

"What boys?" I asked with a softer tone. Don't get me wrong, I loved hanging out with the team, varsity and Junior varsity, but tonight, I still just wanted it to be Adam and I. I feel like we haven't gotten much alone time lately and that's all I wanted even if it was just for one night.

I felt Adam place his hand on my thigh. Slowly and gently, he rubbed small circles above my knee cap in attempt to calm me down. I felt my hand reach for his. Once I attached my hand to his, he stopped what he was doing and let our hands rest on my thigh.

"Kenny, Charlie, Guy, Russ and Luis..," he trailed off. The boy suddenly sighed and looked down. "I'm sorry, I should've asked. You're probably mad and I didn't ask first and I should've. You're my girlfriend."

"Adam," I quickly spoke up after him. I smiled over at the boy. His faces warmed up. "This is your house, do whatever you want. And you don't have to ask me. They're our friends. I'm not mad," I said. I felt bad for lying. I mean, I wasn't mad. But, I just felt oddly about this and I wasn't sure why. I tightened my grip on Adam's hand. I leaned in and placed a small kiss on the boys cheek. I then pulled away. "We're going to have a good night, okay? A good night with the boys."

He nodded his head, the smile on his face growing, "a good night with the boys, and of course, my love."