ninty nine | bruises

a/n: I understand some people aren't very fond of swearing, and this might be a little sensitive to some people, but it's probably not as bad as what you're thinking. this chapter will contains some foul words so if you're not comfortable feel free to skip, I understand! :)

 this chapter will contains some foul words so if you're not comfortable feel free to skip, I understand! :)

foster gray

THE NIGHT WAS QUIET IN THE BANKS HOUSE. With Mr. & Mrs. Banks still never home, I was over once again trying to keep the kids comfortable and making sure they were okay though I knew I didn't need too. It felt right.

I laid on the couch in the living room on top of Adam who had his arm around me. Our legs were intertwined and my head rested on his chest.

The both of us watched the Penguins pregame on the tv that lit up the dark and silent room. It was calming, and I genuinely enjoyed it.

I felt Adam slip his hand under my shirt. He started to brush his hand lightly against my bare back making me feel comfortable. He slowly moved his hand to my spine, stopping for a brief second before gently tracing his hands up and down my spine again. He stopped once more.

"What the...," he trailed off. I lifted my head up and look at him only to see him with a worried look on his face. I grew confused. "When was the last time you ate?" He asked me.

Oh no. He knew. I wasn't going to get out of this, was I? I sighed. I slowly sat up from where I laid, the both of us standing up from the couch.

"Adam, I-" I was interrupted by the boy placing his hand on my shoulder. He spun me around and grabbed ahold of the bottom of my shirt. He lifted the back of it up and observed my back.

"Foster, what the fuck!" He shouted. I looked down at my feet in defeat. I knew I was in deep. He never cursed. Never. He especially wouldn't say that. "You've been doing sit-ups, huh?" He asked me. He sounded hurt. I felt him drop my shirt back down. I kept my back to him. I was too scared to face him. I felt his presence soon in front of me. He placed his hands on my shoulders, along side his face was even with mine. When I looked up my eyes met his. "You can't deny it! I see the bruises along your spine! You wince every time I touch your back! Why aren't you eating?" He sincerely asked me.

I frowned, "I don't know...," I trailed off, "I guess ever since California I haven't ate much. It was alright when I went back to Wisconsin for the summer, but now that I was back here with the toxicity.., well..., I don't know," I murmured. I looked back down again with shame. "I'm sorry Adam. I don't want to hurt you, I don't want to hurt anyone."

"Besides yourself," his voice cracked. I glanced back up at him. His eyes were filled with tears. I shook my head.

"No, no, I don't want to hurt myself. I just have all of these thoughts burned into my head. I want to eat, but I can't, and at the same time, I'm scared," I quietly admitted.

"Scared of what?" He asked. I remained silent. "Scared that you're going to gain weight?" I nodded my head ashamed. "Foster, that's fine if you gain weight. Right now, you need to. You're not healthy. You need to eat."

"But what if I gain too much?" I suddenly asked. I've been there before. I was bullied as a kid because of my weight, and maybe that was why I acted the way I did. I didn't want anything to go through the pain I had to.

"Then you do, Fos, it's fine. I'm going to love you no matter what, even if you were a murder, I'd help you hide the body," he spoke trying to lighten the mood. A small smile tugged on my lips. I leaned forwards and gently kissed him, shortly pulling away.

"I love you..," I murmured. He smiled in returned

"I love you too," he responded. He pulled me into a hug which was so beyond gentle. I knew he didn't want to hurt me. I hugged him back with a lot of care. "Now, if I make you something to eat, will you please eat it?" He asked me. I buried my head in the crook of his neck, nodding my head. "Look me in the eyes, and please tell me."

I pulled my face away from him. I gazed into his beautiful baby blue eyes, nodding my head and biting my lip.

"I promise, okay?" I assured him. His smile returned and he nodded as well. He pulled me closer to him with gentle movement, swooping down and kissing my neck gently. My smile grew.

"I love you," he murmured. I could feel his hot breath against my bare neck, butterflies in the bottom of my stomach. He pulled away and stared back down at me. I smiled wide.

"I love you too."

    "And for you, my love, I present to you, delicious beef tips with a wonderful Korean flair and for a side, your favorite fried parmesan zucchini!"

I sat at the beautiful candle lit dinner table, the table decorated fancy and creatively like Adam had usually done for us for date nights when neither of us had money to go out. I was still waiting to hear back from when I had that interview, but I probably would just have to keep searching. Adam set a plate in front of me with a nice looking and smelling meal on it. I smiled wide.

I looked up at the boy who had changed into a pair of neatly pressed black pants, with a salmon colored button down shirt tucked in and a black tie. He was dreamy. He always was of course.

I felt terrible because I still looked like a complete train wreck. Before Adam could take a seat at the table and leave me, I grabbed ahold of his tie. I pulled him down toward me, pressing my lips against his. I eventually let go of his tie and slowly pulled away with a smile stitched onto my face.

He looked at me baffled, standing up straight, his cheeks red as he continuously blinked. He soon regained himself but was still in shock. I could help but start to giggle.

"That was... that was very unexpected.., but I really liked that..," he faintly spoke. He slowly started to walk backward to his chair at the table, almost tripping over his dog. He came to another stop and pointed down at the dog, "Cheeto, don't tell anyone or else your butt is grass," he threatened. I continued to laugh.

The dog started to whine. He got up from the ground and started to move in circles, soon running over to my feet. I bent down and started to pet the dog.

"Adam, you scared Cheeto!" I exclaimed. The boy shrugged and finally took a seat. Cheeto ran away and hid underneath the table. I sat back up and looked at the dreamy boy across from me. "Thank you for this," I spoke, "I really appreciate it. I've never had someone care so much about me before aside from Isaac of course, but that's different."

Adam chuckled, "it's what I can do. I want you to be healthy, so now, please eat?" He begged me. He stuck out his bottom lip and sent me puppy dogs eyes that made me melt inside. My smile grew. I nodded my head, picking up the fork from the table and started to dig into my food.