twenty two | tator-nuts

"Stop throwing your food, jeez!" Holly screamed at all of us while we messed around during our lunch hour

   We sat with my team, sadly, but Adam and I sat at the end of the table, away from all of the noobs that loved to ruin my life. Lucas sat beside me, with Isaac and Grace across from him. Alexei sat by the noobs, trying to hit on Connie and Julie, who looked at him in disgust.

    Holly sat beside Lucas, waiting for Kade to come back with their food.

   A smile was glued to my face, and laughter was the only thing that came out of my mouth. I could feel my teammates glares burn through my skin, but today, I wasn't going to bother with them.

    "If those mashed potatoes hit me, you're dead, Isaac!" Holly shouted again. Isaac flung his mashed potatoes through the air. They landed behind the girl, onto the floor where there was a huge beam keeping the ceiling up.

   I turned to Adam with a huge smile of shock on my face. Behind him, I saw Kade walking toward us. I put a straight face on and sat up.

    "Kade's coming," I murmured to my friends, "no one tell him about the tators."

   Everyone started acting serious, shoving their food in their mouth to stop themselves from laughing. I watched Kade walk around the table. He reached over me and set his tray on the table before walking around us.

   Suddenly, he fell to the ground, almost going into a split. The potatoes kept him moving forward. He let out a loud groan once he slid into the beam, his legs spread open.

   I quickly swallowed my food and looked at Adam in shock. I slowly leaned over to Lucas while the whole table erupted with laughter.

   "Tator-nuts," I whispered to him. I heard him laugh. I leaned away from him and turned around to face Kade, who was still on the ground, groaning and holding his..., area.

"Are you okay, buddy?" I questioned, attempting to hold back my laughter. He shook his head but didn't talk, "I'll go get you some ice..."

I turned back to Adam. I got out of my chair and pushed it in so Kade wouldn't accidentally get hurt again.

Adam got up and followed me.

"Okay," he laughed as we started walking, "you and your friends are literally the best, I swear," I felt myself smile, "are you guys always this funny?"

I shrugged, "I mean, there's never a dull moment, seriously," I looked up at him and laugh, turning to the counter where there was a sweet lady standing, "Excuse me, ma'am?" I questioned. She gave me a smile, "my friend over there got hurt, and I was wondering if we could have an ice pack you may not want back."

She let out a small laugh, "oh, sweetie, I saw the whole thing. I'll go get you guys an ice pack that you can keep," she sweetly said. She turned away from us and headed to the back. I turned back to Adam.