110 | café de floré

𝐅𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 110"CAFÉ DE FLORÉ"

𝐅𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲
𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 110
"CAFÉ DE FLORÉ"
..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈

    Another day, more pain grew inside of me. It was Sunday, only two days since everything had happened. School was tomorrow, and I was beyond nervous for that. Who would I sit with at lunch? Would anyone be there to walk me to my class in the morning? I knew there wouldn't.., but a girl could dream.

   Recently, I had started a job at a local café, one my favorite cafes in all of Minnesota. It was called Café de Flore. A cute little place in the outskirts of Edina. While at work, I had to wear jeans, a black t-shirt, as well as a brown apron that actually didn't look to bad. We had to have our hair up with one of those half hats on our heads that was the same color of the apron.

   The day was going slow. It was Sunday, so I knew that when the clock struck twelve, everyone would be rushing in. There were only five people in today. Three teenagers—Kayla, Ryan, and John—that were from all over the city, me, the owner, and his wife Rosa who was also my boss. She was a sweet older lady that had a heart of gold, but catch her on the wrong day and she was an absolute nightmare, just like Holly.

   I kept my eyes glued on the clock while standing around with the others. Ryan made coffee for himself, Kayla stood in the corner watching TikTok's on her phone, and John sat beside me on one of the stools, his nose stuck in a book he hardly even puts down. Beside me on the counter was my favorite brown leather journal and a simple pen that I happened to fall in love with, though it was just a pen.

The pages of my journal were filled with random thoughts, pointless phrases, funny jokes, silly drawings, sketches I'd finish in minutes, and song lyrics from songs I could never get out of my head. Adam had bought it for me in California. He said that writing always helped him get through things. It did help me. A lot actually.

A sigh slipped my lips. I found the nerve to finally pick up the journal and pen beside me. I traced my fingers against the huge tree that was imbedded in the leather itself. It made peace flow through me. My hand then found its way to the ties that kept the journal shut. Soon enough, I untied it, letting the pages fly open.

It flew open to one of the first pages that I had filled with pictures of me, Ken, and Adam when we first got to California. I sighed. Of course it had to be that page, didn't it?

Suddenly the bell to the door rung, signaling that someone had entered the store.

"Welcome to Café de Floré!" Rosa greeted the three customers who all decided to take a seat. It was usual for people to just come in here and sit and talk and not order anything. Rosa and her husband knew that people needed to go somewhere and just talk so they never bothered to kick anyone out.

I slammed the journal shut, tying it back up and letting it sit on the counter behind me. I turned my attention back to the seating area in front of me. Not many people were here. Just an older couple, a mother and her daughter, and the three people that had just entered.