three | airport creeps

foster gray

foster gray

-st. paul, minnesota
-st. paul international airport

    "Thanks again, Mr. Cameron, for coming here with me," I told the man as we waited for my luggage.

    "Why of course, dear," he said, "I wanted you to be safe with all of these.. creeps around here."

     The both of us shivered in disgust as an old man looked me up and down. Mr. Cameron glared at him.

    "Keep looking and my foot is going up your ass," Mr. Cameron threatened.

     I held my laughter in once the mans eyes widened. He quickly grabbed his bags from behind him and ran off. I looked up at Mr. Cameron who was shaking his head.

"Where the hell is that weird man Mr. Tibbles anyways?" He checked his watch, "he was supposed to be here at 11."

I shrugged, "I don't see him anywhere."

The two of us sighed, our eyes scanning around the airport for the hundredth time. I spotted a guy intertwined with the crowd that looked similar to Mr. Tibbles.

The person standing in front of him moved. That's when I realized it was him. He was standing with a boy around my age, who must've been on the team too.

I turned to Mr. Cameron.

"I guess this is it," I sadly said. It's only been two hours since I've seen my friends and I already missed them.

Mr. Cameron nodded, "I guess so."

He gave me a small hug and pulled away. He sadly smiled at me.

"Don't be nervous, don't be scared," he sighed, pulling a note from his pocket, "this is what Kitty wanted me to say, but I'll just give it to you for good luck," he laughed mentioning his wife.

I smiled, "thank you," he nodded. I nervously bit my lip, "I, uh, I better get going."

He nodded again, "good luck, Foster. I'll see you soon."

My smiled slowly faded, "I'll see you."

I grabbed my bags from my side, looking at Mr. Cameron one more time before making my way to Mr. Tibbles.

I pushed through the crowd again.

"Let's go, let's go! Everyone try to keep up!" Mr. Tibbles yelled, escorting all 6 of us newbies outside.