eighty eight | trouble

↳ foster gray

foster gray

WHAT HIT ME THE MOST was heading back to Han's shop after school with Mrs. Cameron. She wanted to head over and make sure the place was clean, locked up, and safe. I decided to go along with her as well as Isaac. Adam had went home to finally get some sleep.

Walking into the shop, I felt an eerie feeling. Goosebumps crawled up and down my body and I had a nervous feeling in my stomach. It felt odd.

I looked around the dark store, seeing everything was in the exact same spot it was that night. Even a strand of hair by the cash register. I felt my breath hitch. I bit my lip to prevent the tears building up from falling.

I ran a shaky hand through my knotty hair either nervousness, but continued walking through the building. Mrs. Cameron and Isaac followed me downstairs to where Hans had stayed. Of course it would've been easier to head in that way, but we wanted to check things out upstairs.

Heading into the living room downstairs, I could hear the radio playing just like it had that night. The sports channel was on, and I could hear Josh from school reporting the girls soccer game. I felt myself stop. Mrs. Cameron placed her hand on my back in a supportive way.

  "Sweetheart if you want to leave, go ahead," she told me. I shook my head and bit my lip, soon tasting the bitter taste of blood. I stopped.

"I, uh, I'll stay here," I anxiously said. She sent me a reassuring nod before guiding herself through the space. I followed her into the dinning room where I froze once again.

   I heard her gasp. Before she could even face me and try to turn me away, I knew what she had gasped at: the food spill from when Hans fell. Tears started to fall from my eyes. I felt Issac place his hands on my shoulders. I quickly turned to him while he held me, letting me sob.

   "Hey, Fos, why don't we go get some air and something to eat down the street?" Isaac suggested. I nodded my head as he turned around, leading me out of the building and staying by my side.

The funeral was a blur to me. I could hardly remember it at all, which broke my heart. All I remembered was having my arms linked with both Adam's and Ken's. They both never left my side through the entire thing.

After the funeral, there was a huge dinner Mrs. Cameron and a few nice lady's from around had planned. It was beautiful.

A few days later, we all had returned to school. It was odd being back, for sure, but it was also nice. The varsity was so supportive and sympathetic, even knowing that I was back with the Ducks. Nothing could ruin the bond we all had formed.