thirty eight | instagram

F O S T E RG R A Y

F O S T E R
G R A Y

-santa monica state beach
-hours after the morning interview

After the interview had ended, Coach Bombay decided to take us all to the beach. The whole team. The gang stayed back becasue they knew for a fact that they were annoying Coach Bombay for always being around. Mostly Kade and Holly were the annoying ones.

I laid in the sand wearing my red bikini I had the guts to put on, trying to tan. Beside me sat Adam in the shade, playing some sort of hockey game on his phone. He was playing against Charlie who sat with Coach Bombay across the beach.

I quite frankly think it was Coach playing on Charlie's phone because last time I checked, Charlie was tossing the frisbee with Ken, Luis and Guy.

"Foster!" I heard Adam groan loudly. Annoyed, I opened my eyes.

"Yes?" I asked the boy while looking up at him. He stuck out his bottom lip.

"Can we get a picture together?" He questioned, "please?" He begged. I smiled wide and nodded my head. I sat up from my beach towel and rolled closer to Adam on the ground. The both of us sat up.

He crawled forward, placing his phone against his bag so it faced us. He set it on timer, pushing the button and quickly crawling back to me. I smiled at the camera. He placed his arm around me and did the same.

Once the picture snapped, he crawled back to his phone and grabbed it. He then came back to me and pulled the picture up, showing it to me.

"Awe, that's cute!" I exclaimed. I glanced up at him, "can you send that to me?"

He furrowed his eyebrows, "duh, it's your phone anyways."

I looked at him confused and then back at my phone in his hands, seeing my dirty cracked case on it. I started to laugh.

"I'm not even going to ask why you have my phone..," I grinned. He shrugged his shoulders. I wasn't mad. I had nothing to hide. I was never even on my phone anyways so I really didn't care.

I rolled back over to my towel attempting to brush the sand off of me, by my luck, it was stuck to me. I let out a sigh.

My eyes traveled to the beautiful ocean in front of us. The sound of the crashing waves and the chirping seagulls seemed to make relax. It felt nice to just sit here in the sun, the cool breeze hitting me, and absorbing the sun and the beautiful picture in front of me.

"I like the view," I spoke up. I squinted my eyes to block out the sun. I hugged my knees to my chest and waited for a response from Adam.

"You do?" He asked me.

I nodded my head, "yes."

"You're my best view," he joked. I immediately rolled my eyes.