132 | big news

𝐅𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 132"BIG NEWS"

𝐅𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲
𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 132
"BIG NEWS"
..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈

   About a month later, things were better than ever. I was still in Texas packing up all of my belongings scattered around the apartment with Rick's help, who was also packing stuff of his own up. Adam and I had bought a house together in Edina, so close to home and ironically across from where Ryan settled down. Rick was coming to Minnesota with us to return home to his family. He landed a job at the hospital up there, as well as I did. Adam, well, he was still playing hockey but didn't bother packing his belongings yet since they were all still in Minnesota and he hadn't had the chance to return home. I said it was no big deal. We could easily do so when we both get back to Minnesota with baby girl, who we finally decided a name for. We decided on the name Gabriella Chantel Banks. It was beautiful and it fit her perfectly.

  Rick and I were leaving the apartment, leaving it to Coen, Grace and Julie, but handing everything off to Grace knowing she was the most responsible out of the three. Rick's fiancé, well, I'm not entirely sure what happened to her, but I woke up one morning and all of her things were on the street and Rick was roasting her and I was the funniest thing I've ever seen. But as rude as it sounds, I was glad he finally left her. He deserved someone better. Maybe Tennyson was still in Minnesota and still available. Maybe those two could get back together because she had the sweetest soul on Earth. They were made for each other.

I was excited to go back to Minnesota to see everyone, mostly my family and my little brother Kenny who was around eight now. He was such a cute little thing and I could easily tell he'd be a heartbreaker when he got older. By all of the times I'd talk to him as well as mom and dad on the phone, I was so proud of the kid. I loved having a baby brother. I just wished I could've been around more for him but now that I'm going back to Minnesota, I know I can.

  Kenny would never admit it, but he loved me and looked up to me. Mom and dad always told me how he'd brag about his older famous surgeon and kick ass hockey player sister. It was no surprise he started playing hockey himself. With mine and Gordo's skills combined, he was going to make it far like Adam had and I couldn't wait to see the day when he would.

"So, you and Banks found place, huh?" Rick questioned me as we both decided to take a break and head to the kitchen, digging into the takeout from the Chinese place down the street we had ordered. A smile formed on my face as I took a seat across from him at the table. I nodded my head while a blush crept onto my face.

"I haven't seen it in person, but my mom and dad have and they said it's absolutely beautiful and they wishes it was theirs. Adam and I put a lot of money into that house," I breathed out. I took a small yet happy breath, "it's five bedrooms, two bathrooms, a finished basement, a nice garage with a huge slab of pavement in front of it for Gabriella to play hockey when she's older as well as a nice pond for in the winter because if she's going to be raised by Adam and I, there's no way she's not going to play hockey," I chuckled. So did Rick.

"So things are good between you two?" He asked. I nodded my head.

"Things are very good. Sure, we're still not officially together after months and many dates, we're not, but at the same time he's away and it's hard when he's away, but maybe once we get to Minnesota with Gabriella, things will settle down and we will," I admitted. I shrugged my shoulders, "but it's still really good, it's amazing, and he makes me the happiest just like when we were teenagers." It got quiet for a few seconds, but I was quick to speak up again. "What about you? How's everything going with you?"

The boy now shrugged his shoulders and leaned back in his seat. He let out an exhausting sigh. "Well, I'm ready to settle down too, I suppose. It's about time I do. And I can't believe I spent that long with Elizabeth when I could've found someone better to settle down with but I'm glad it's not her," he laughed, "but hopefully when we get to Minnesota I'll find that someone. Take it slow, get married, start a family," he sighed again.

"I know it's crazy we're all adults now. Things are changing everyday it seems like," I gulped. I took a deep breath. I had some news to tell Rick but I wasn't sure how he's react, and honestly, I was scared. I figured when the time was right, it'd come to me. "If you'd ask seventeen year old me where I'd be today, I definitely would say here. I'd probably cry my eyes out at that question," I laughed, "but when I struggled close to graduation, you came back for awhile, ran into each other, and you helped me get on track. Going to med school was a last minute decision and boy, it was one of the best decisions I've had."

   Rick smiled over at me and nodded his head, "and it's definitely the path chosen for you. Look at you, nominated for how many awards? How many articles published about you? You've always been like that, though. When you were in the Junior Olympics, you had several articles published about you, and throughout high school, and your college years all for hockey and your expertise. Damn, I can only imagine how Gabriella is going to turn out. Two hot shot parents! I can't wait to have kids of my own some day and see how they turn out. You know, have a bun in the oven and everything!" I bit my lip and looked down at the table, feeling the smallest pain in my stomach. I sighed and looked back up at Rick who gazed at me worriedly. "Are you still feeling sick from those eggs? Dude that was over a week ago!"

   A few weeks ago I had some eggs and me being lactose intolerant, it didn't treat me the greatest and I've felt sick since. However I went to the doctors to get it checked out, and let's just say, it's not the eggs. I grew nervous. How would Rick react when I told him this news? Was it going to be good? Bad? Supportive? I took a deep breath.

   "Well, uh, going back to what you said..," I murmured quietly. Rick furrowed his eyebrows.

   "About what? About the bun in the oven?" He laughed, "don't try to change the subject here, we're talking about y-" he suddenly gasped loudly. "Foster! You are not!" He said with much shock and surprise. A small smile crept onto my lips. I shrugged my shoulders.

  "I'm pregnant, Rick."

   "So that's what I've been hearing the last few wee-"

   "Rick!" Laughter slipped my lips and I yelled at the ecstatic boy. My cheeks turned a bright shade of red.

   "When did you find out?" He asked me. I played with my hands that sat on my lap.

   "Well, I found out this morning, I'm a month along, so you're the first and only one to know. I haven't even told Adam yet because I want to tell him in person and I want to come up with a cute way to tell him or something," I told Rick. He looked at me full of amazement, the biggest smile on his face. He stood up from his chair and walked over to me. So, I stood up as well. He suddenly wrapped my into a tight hug and lifted me up from the ground, spinning me around while we both laughed.

   "I'm going to be an uncle!" He shouted, "Uncle Rick! Yes, I love the sounds of that! I'm going to spoil your kids so much, they're both going to have rooms at my house! I know you don't have custody of Gabriella yet, but I have some many things packed up I've bought for her. Ah, this is awesome!" He yelled. He eventually set me back down on the ground and I couldn't help but smile.

   "The baby is due August 27, ironically my fathers birthday," I laughed. I looked back up at Rick with happy tears in my eyes. "I can't believe this is real life."

  He pulled me in for another long hug, rubbing circles around on my back as I cried nothing but happy tears. This was all unreal to me, but it was the best life I could've ever asked for. I couldn't believe I had made it this far.