fifty one | assistant, assistant coach

F O S T E R G R A Y

F O S T E R
G R A Y

-team usa vs Iceland, part 2
-morning of

Today was the game against Iceland. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I was and I wasn't even playing! I could only imagine how my teammates were feeling.

Waking up in the morning I got a rest from Adam saying he was with his parents and wouldn't be going to the game on the bus with us.

All I wanted to do was run up and kiss him and hug him forever after reading the note. Maybe I could write him one in return. He's done so much for me and I didn't know how to repay him.

Since I wasn't allowed on the ice, I wore my team USA jersey, a pair of ripped jeans, and my usual converse.

The drive was longer than usual. We're we're heading to a rink in Anaheim. It was reserved for this big final game.

   I sat on the bus beside Ken, a big fuzzy blanket wrapped around the both of us. It was a usual occurrence for us in the way to a game. He was asleep on my shoulder with small snores coming from his mouth. It was adorable. Ken was a little brother to all of us and we protected him no matter what.

   Once we pulled up to the arena, everyone jumped to the right side of the bus and gazed out of the windows in amazement.

   The place was huge! There were already lines of people waiting to head inside though the game didn't start for another two hours!

   I became even more nervous. I gently shook Ken awake.

    We all eventually made it into the arena staring in complete awe. Even the locker room was huge and amazing. It was way better than the other full rink we were always in.

   I sat on the stool in front my locker while everyone got dressed and ready. I bounced my knee up and down repeatedly out of nervousness. I made small talk with Luis who was beside Adam's locker which beside mine.

   I never realized that half of the team still didn't talk to me. It was still only Dean, Luis, Ken, Charlie and of course, Adam. I had a feeling that Connie was still saying things about me, but honestly I wasn't worried about it anymore.

   I looked up from the locker room floor when I heard someone storming in. It was Adam! Without the sling on!

   He quickly walked up to Coach with a proud smile on his face. My mood instantly changed now that he was here. A grin crept onto my face.