eighty two | the fight

F O S T E RG R A Y

F O S T E R
G R A Y

-the next day

I didn't expect for this school year at Eden Hall to be hectic at all. I didn't think there was going to be any team drama, jealously, or any rivalry. I didn't think my old teammates and my new teammates would spend their days figuring out how to destroy each other.

It was all... extra.

As much as I hated to admit it, I wanted to be back with the Ducks. They were my family, and what wasn't family without drama and hatred? Honestly.

I couldn't wait to get off of the Varsity team. They all knew, aside from Coach Wilson, and we wanted to keep it a secret from him to see how he'd react when Coach Orion gave him the news. I couldn't believe how supportive all of the boys were. I knew they wanted me on the team with them, regardless, they knew I'd be playing if I was back with the Ducks. They knew I wouldn't be in such pain if I was with the Ducks.

After our pictures this morning, I had to leave immediately for a job interview at some fancy clothing store all the rich people shopped at. Mrs. Banks knew the owner so she set me up. I was thankful.

The rest of the varsity team stayed back for a practice, which confused me because I knew the Ducks had practice too. I wasn't sure how that was going to work out, but I knew it wasn't.

   The job interview was great, and I was told I'd get a call later in the night. I had prayed for the best. I wanted a job so bad so I can send money to Mr. & Mrs. Cameron and so that I could buy some things for myself that I needed. And I could buy Adam sweet little gifts too.

  I sat on the bus alone, gazing out the window with a content smile on my face. The rash from last night was hardly visible, and thank goodness it was covered for pictures and the interview.

I felt my phone suddenly buzz. The only person that ever texted me was the gang, Ken, and Adam, but the gang was probably hanging from the water tower in Wisconsin and the others were practicing, right?

I pulled my phone out of my pocket only to see a text from Coen.

coen jones
FOSTER
PLEASE BE CAREFUL
Adam is very angry
and he said he was coming to see you
he's not mad at you
it's just some things happened at the scrimmage
with the ducks
that we kept from you
and Adam and charlie may have gotten into a fist fight, and then the whole team joined
but Adam is really mad
I'm dropping him off at his house if you want to see him.
I suggest you do go over and talk to him, but please be careful because I know how scared you get when he's angry and this time he's super angry and it is actually scary.