120 | bigger & better things

𝐅𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 120"BIGGER & BETTER THINGS"

𝐅𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲
𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 120
"BIGGER & BETTER THINGS"
..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈

The hot beaming sun burnt my skin through the thin red gown I wore. I fanned myself, and Goldberg who sat beside me, with the program we got for the ceremony. We sat in the fourth row, side by side, our friends mixed throughout the crowd. Adam sat in the front row, almost directly in front of me. While Dean Buckley went on with the boring speech he said every year, I couldn't help but to stare at the back of Adam's head, a frown on my face.

Beside Dean Buckley on the stage was Julie and ironically Dean Portman, the Victorian and Valedictorian. Dean worked so very hard the past few years that he made it so far, however no one could beat Julie. But I was so proud of all of my friends and teammates.

"Why do you look so sad?" Goldberg whispered over to me. He took the program out of my hands and put it with his in the pocket of his pants. I thanked him, and then shrugged my shoulders. "You should be happy. We're getting out of this hell hole," he whispered again. A small laugh managed to escape from my mouth. I playfully rolled my eyes and tried to look away from Adam, but I couldn't. My heart was breaking. "Ohh," Goldberg spoke up again. He must've realized what I'd been staring at. "Ohhh."

   I slowly nodded my head, "it's okay," I whispered. I looked back over at him and forced a smile onto my face, "you're right. We're getting out of here, and it's gonna be awesome."

   "You don't have to be happy, Foster. I know there's something going on. And by the looks of it, so do your friends," he whispered. He pointed to the row across the isle where the gang was sitting, here for Isaac and I both. They didn't have much of a graduation. Isaac and I went down last week for their graduation, however, they never showed up. I quite honestly wasn't surprised.

   Back to Goldberg's point, I could see Grace and Holly specifically glaring at me, looking between Adam and I both. They definitely knew something was up even if I hadn't said anything. They just knew. They could tell when something was wrong from miles away.

"Thanks, Goldberg, I really appreciate your kind words, but whatever happens, it'll all be alright, right? Now, like you said, it's graduation! We ought to be happy, so we're going to be it," I grinned at him cheekily. The happy boy returned the smile and patted my arm lightly.

"Now that's the spirit," he whispered back to me with a smile as bright as his happy eyes.

Man, I was surely going to miss this team and these people I practically grew up with.

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈

   "Congratulations, honey!" Mom cheered with tears in her eyes as I neared her and Gordo after the ceremony was dismissed. Behind me, the gang followed me. Everywhere my family was, was also the Cameron's. Isaac and I were still so close, therefore our families became close. It was awesome if you asked me.

   "I'm so proud of you both!" Mrs. Cameron sobbed, tears actually streaming down her face. Once Isaac and I stopped in front of our families, Mrs. Cameron pulled the both of us for a tight hug. I quickly hugged her back knowing that at any minute, she'd lose it.

When I pulled away, I turned to Gordo who held his baby boy. He was three months old, and the couple still bickered over a settle name. I've had one picked out since even before he was born but the two would much rather argue over Oliver and Austin instead of the name I had fallen in love with.

When baby boy saw me, his beaming eyes grew even bigger than they already were. His little hands pointed out towards me, letting Gordon and I both know he wanted me. My smile grew. Seeing the little one made me forget about everything else that was going on.

I gently grabbed baby boy from Gordon's arms and hugged him gently and carefully in my arms. I smiled down at him while he played with the tassel on my cap. My friends surrounded me in a circle, watching with clear amusement and blocking my view from Adam getting pictures with a few of our classmates, even including a few girls I know have been trying to get with him. He never let them. He only wanted me. But I was still jealous. I just wouldn't let it show.

I turned my full attention back to the baby in my arms. While he continued to play with my tassel, I made small and goofy faces at him to get him to laugh.

"I think Baby Porter loves me!" I exclaimed. I heard mom and Gordo groan at the same time.

"We're not name our son after a Johnny Cash song!" The older man defended. My cheeks turned a bright shade of red while I laughed, the baby in my arms growing jittery like he was about to cry. I quickly placed my hand on the back of his head gently and started to bounce him and shush him, then sending a playful glare to Gordon.

   "Look what you did, you made baby Porter upset," I fired at him with a sarcastic tone.

   After awhile, my classmates parents and mine all started to engage in conversations. I went off with my friends to get pictures with baby Porter back with his mom and dad.

   I eventually found my way over to Adam, seeing if he wanted to get any pictures, but I was getting mixed signals considering he hasn't made the effort to come find me, or even look for me. It was a little awkward I guess you could say after our conversation earlier, my heart still breaking because I knew this was possibly the end of something amazing.

   "Hey, Foster, wait up!" I heard Adam call as I passed him when the gang and I headed over the the food stand to get something to eat. I stopped in my tracks, shooing the gang away to the food stand where I knew they'd wait forever. When I looked back over, Adam was already beside me.

    "Oh, hey, Adam. Congratulat-"

    "Meet me at the pond by your house at eleven, okay?" He rushed to say, completely interrupting me. He swooped in and placed a small kiss on my cheek before pulling away and starting to back up once his friends started to call him. An uneasy feeling grew in my stomach. "See ya then!" He shouted.

    I sent him a small wave and nodded, "I love you!" I yelled in response, but it was too late. He was already with his friends.

   A frown replaced the smile that was once on my face. My arms fell to my sides and I sighed.

   "I love you too," I murmured.