nine | late calls & tough games

foster gray

foster gray

-Anaheim, CA
-team usa dormitory

    "Grace, I just, I don't know what to do," I choked on my own words as I talked to Grace and Holly over the phone.

     "If I was down there right now, I'd beat her ass. I won't let her ruin your trip, Fos. She's saying false things about you and you can't let that happen," Grace said.

    I sighed, "now Adam won't talk to me. I don't know about Ken. I don't know where he is, he wasn't there."

    "Oh is that the hot boy? Adam? Or Ken?" Holly spoke up.

     "Holly, not now," Grace snapped. I heard Holly back off.

    "Look, Foster, I don't want this to sound rude, but you're only with these people for the summer, you probably won't see them ever again. If they're going to be like that, let them. They obviously don't see who you're actually are," she told me. I knew she was trying to cheer me up, but I kept crying.

    "You're an amazing girl, Foster. Before I met you, I thought you were weird, no offense or anything," Holly said, "but you're such a nice girl. You're there for any one, even if you don't know them."

      I bit my lip. This night was beyond hectic. So much happened in so little time. I decided to tell them what happened at the beach.

adam banks

    "Foster, you never said anything about anyone, right?"

    As I passed Fosters room, I heard sobbing and talking. I was really hurt. Connie for once seemed sincere when she said that Foster was talking about me.

    I thought the two of us were cool. I was always looking out for her, but guess she didn't like me at all. She only wanted one thing.

     "Right. I'd never. I like everyone here, mostly, and I still don't know everyone to well. I wouldn't talk bad about anyone," I heard Foster say, "I just can't believe Connie got Adam to turn on me. One of the only ones that talk to me, but I'm sure he doesn't even want to be in my existence."

     I sighed. How was I so stupid. She started to cry harder.

     "Fos, calm down, calm down, you're staring to have a panic attack," another girl spoke.

     I knocked on Fosters door. She wouldn't open. I shook the handle and saw it was unlocked.

     I opened the door and saw Foster sitting on her bed, her head in her hands, her hyperventilating while her phone sat beside her.