ninety four | school

↳ foster gray

foster gray

THE NIGHT CAME TO A SCREECHING END. I sat comfortably in my bed with Adam by my side, the boy eating a huge piece of the cake I had made. I still haven't touched it. I hardly ate anything in the past few days.

Mr. and Mrs. Cameron had allowed the two of us to sleep in my room together. They knew nothing would happen. Neither of us were ready for... you know.. that.

    Adam had to leave early in the morning, which I had to be up early anyways. Mrs. Cameron's plan was for me to go to school for one day. I was beyond scared. But the last time I knew who I truly was, was the last time I stepped into that school.

   My eyes traveled over to Adam sitting in front of me. He gazed down at the empty plate on his legs, his bangs falling into his face. He licked his lips, a habit of his I've been starting to notice. I felt my heart flutter.

   "Stop that," I teased the boy. He suddenly looked up at me with confusion. He tilted his head to the side.

   "Stop what?" He asked. I sighed. I swung my legs onto the bed and laid back into my pillow, letting my eyes stare up at the ceiling.

   "Licking your lips. You kill me inside every single time you do it, Adam, it's cute, it's.. beyond cute... it's.., mesmerizing.., it's hot," I shyly commented. My cheeks became a bright shade of red. I wasn't even sure if I should've said that.

The room became silent. I grew nervous. Did I freak Adam out? I felt the bed dip and move around like Adam was trying to get situated. Shortly after, his head popped into view over my face, the necklace around his neck dangling down. My breath hitched.

The boy smiled wide down at me, licking his lips once more. My heart fluttered again. I playfully rolled my eyes and rolled onto my side, facing the wall.

Moments later I felt his body against mine. He placed his arms around me gently. I cuddled up to him in return. He started to stroke my hair gently as a way of getting me to relax.

"Go to sleep," he whispered to me softly, "you need it for your long day of school tomorrow."

My smile grew. I let my eyes shut, but I stayed awake and focused on the boy. I rolled on to my other side to face him. I snuggled my face up against his chest, letting out a small breath of exhaustion. He kept his gentle hold on me making me feel completely safe and comfortable.

Things started to become fuzzy, my tiredness grew. The last thing I remembered was him kissing my forehead and me falling asleep with the biggest smile on my face.

    I walked into my old school with nothing but anxiety. I was scared of what the day had in store. I didn't know when I'd be separated from my friends and I was honestly scared.