thirty five | secrets spilled

F O S T E R G R A Y

F O S T E R
G R A Y

-'the hub' diner
-the next day, afternoon

    I was at the usual diner I was always in with the gang, Adam and Charlie. We decided to get lunch before our game, and this was our favorite spot.

   Adam and I really haven't talked about this kiss. We knew it happened, and honestly, I wanted it to happen again.

    I sat across from him at the table as we all waited for our food to come out. I could smell my hot wings cooking in the kitchen which made my stomach growl tremendously.

     "So," Kade gawked, looking between Adam and I repeatedly with his dumb grin on his face, "when is the wedding?"

    I felt my eyes widened. I quickly smacked Kade in the back of the head.

   "Ow!" He shouted, placing his hand where I had hit him. He leaned back in his seat and frowned, "that hurt!"

I rolled my eyes, placing my elbow on the table. I rested my hand against my chin.

  "Seriously though, I want to be the maid of honor," Holly added which caused me to roll my eyes once again. I felt myself start to smile though. I knew my face was turning red. I quickly looked down, placing my hands on both sides of my head.

   "Hey, Adam, there's something about you that just seems different, like something is missing," Lucas now started. I shouldn't have told the girls about the kiss. I should've known they were going to tell the boys! I sighed.

   "Dude, just shut up," I snapped at Lucas while laughing. My eyes shifted over to the girls who looked confused.

   "Yeah! Like Foster's lips against yours!" Charlie finished for Lucas. The boys except for Adam, all started to high-five one another while the girls were still confused. Grace pointed at the boys while my cheeks turned even more of a red color.

   "Wait, how'd you know that! Foster, you said you were only going to tell us!" Grace yelled at me. I threw my arms up on defense.

   "I did!"

   "No, Adam told us," Alexei smirked. I finally brought myself to look over at Adam who was trying to hide his face.

   "I'm sorry I had to tell someone and I told them. Please don't be made at me," the blue eyed boy begged. I sighed, smiling at him. I placed my hand on his arm.

   "I thought you were going to be mad that I told the girls," I stated, "I'm sorry too."

  I frowned. I felt Adam grab my hand under the table. I became nervous once again. Ever since this kiss, I've been more nervous and shy around the boy, and quite frankly more awkward. I felt bad.

  The only person I ever kissed was Lucas and that was when we were 7. I forced the gang to go iceskating with me, and while I was skating with the boy, he tripped, which caused me to fall too and land on top of them. Our lips accidentally touched.

   I glanced down at the table. What am I doing?

○○○

  "So..," Adam trailed off as we walked down the street hand in hand. He was walking back to the hotel with me, though I told him it was fine. I could tell he really didn't want to leave me, and I could also tell that Charlie didn't want tp leave the gang. They loved him, "my parents, Kris and I are going to dinner later, and they were wanting you to come because they really like you, and I wanted to see if you did in fact want to go..," Adam trailed off.

   I looked up at the taller boy and nodded my head with a smile plastered on my face.

  "Yeah, uh, yeah, I'd love too, Banksie, thank you," I awkwardly said. I sighed, "I'm sorry if I've been off, it's just that-"

   "-no, I understand. I feel the same way," He interrupted. I frowned. I looked down at my dirty converse as we walked.

   It was clear he didn't want to talk about it. I felt like we needed to talk so things wouldn't be so awkward though.

   I sighed once more.

   "What time tonight would be good?" I sweetly asked trying to change the subject. He stayed silent for a second before speaking up.

   "Will 4 work? I questioned. I shifted my gaze back up to him and nodded. I couldn't help but smile just looking at him.

ADAM BANKS

  I needed to make a move on Foster, and I needed to make one fast before I lose her to another guy like Ryan. Not that anything was wrong with Ryan. He was cool, he was a good guy, but he wasn't me. And I didn't like that.

   I know she's been going through a lot with the team, and I didn't want to cause any more problems for her, but the other day, I literally just couldn't help myself. She was just.., so beautiful, and it was kind of even more attractive when she was mad.

  My parents knew I liked her. They could see right through me. Plus I texted Kris and told him and he ratted me out because he thought it was so 'adorable' or whatever. Older bothers are supposed to torture you, right?

   I glanced over at Foster as we walked. Her face glowed in the sunlight causing me to smile. Her eyes twinkled when the sun hit them.

   I will never understand why people were so rude to her, especially the team. I get Connie was jealous, but that was no excuse. Foster was sweet to them from the start, even when Connie pushed her down on the ice our first practice together.

   I was glad to have a friend like Foster Gray.