ninety one | the water tower

↳ foster gray

foster gray

   "Does this help at all?" Isaac asked me supportively as we made it to the top of the water tower. I looked around at the surroundings carefully, being filled with many memories, but mostly of all the times Kade had fallen off.

   I glanced back at Isaac as I took a seat on what we stood on, letting my legs dangle off of the edge.

   "Not really," I sadly responded. I had told the gang why I came here. To find out who I am again, and they promised that they were going to take me anywhere and everywhere to get things back to normal again for me which I greatly appreciated and was thankful for. The first stop was the water tower, our usual hangout where the boys had painted a huge pot leaf to mark our territory.

   I had just arrived this morning, but it feels as if I was here forever, like I had never left. It just sucked that I didn't have Adam here. Lucas found joy in it considering he still hated the fact that Adam and I were dating instead of him and I. However, I'd never leave Adam. He was the love of my life, and I couldn't see my future without him.

   "Don't worry," Kade said as he walked towards me with a can of coke in his hands. He took a long annoying sip from it, slurping it to agitate us all. "We'll get you back on the wagon in no time," he finished. I smiled wide up at him. He leaned against the railing above me, suddenly dropping his can accidentally. He scoffed and looked at it with wide eyes. "Dammit!" He groaned.

   I playfully rolled my eyes, but I became serious in a matter of seconds.

   "Thanks guys, I really appreciate you all doing this for me," I told them genuinely. Grace took a seat beside me, dangling her long legs from the edge just like me.

   "You've always been there for us, you've always helped us, you're the reason why we're all sane and still here. You deserve nothing but the best, and if that means taking you everywhere and anywhere for you to become you again, we will," she said. My smile grew. I wrapped her into a tight hug and sighed.

   "I'm the one supposed to be worrying about you guys, not the other way around," I laughed. I felt her laugh too. I pulled away from her and looked at the red head with admiration. I loved these people and I couldn't have asked for better friends.

   On the other side of me, Kade suddenly took a seat. However, and he went to step forwards, he fell through a hole in the old rusty flooring. A loud screechy scream escaped his mouth as he bounced off of every tree branch he possibly could on the way to the ground. Seconds later, I heard his large body make contact with a pile of branches below, followed by a loud and uncomfortable 'ouch'.

My eyes widened. I glanced up at my friends who started to laugh.

"He's fine, Fos, don't worry. He's fallen how many times?" Grace questioned. I sighed. I looked back down at Kade on the ground who didn't move.