thirty nine | e.r. trips

F O S T E R G R A Y

F O S T E R
G R A Y

-arena, after practice

"Adam, look at your wrist! It's swollen!" I whispered yelled at the boy in the almost empty locker room.

We had just finished another long hard working practice. I waited for Adam to finish packing his things up, and as I watched him, I saw his wrist. I knew he never went to go get it checked out.

I was dressed in a pair of dark gray sweatpants with a white cropped tank top that exposed a little bit of my stomach. I was too hot to put my sweatshirt back on so I shoved it in my bag. My hair was in two messy braids that I had in before practice. Around my neck was my usual star chocker necklace.

I glared at Adam.

"It's just a little bruised, that's all," he said. I could tell he was lying. I frowned at him.

"Adam, you promised you'd get it checked out like almost two weeks ago," I spoke up. The boy shrugged his shoulders.

    "I'm sorry. It hasn't been bothering me so I didn't think it was a big deal," he responded. I sighed. I reach over and gently grabbed ahold of his hand. I examined his wrist carefully, seeing that it was bruised and even more swollen than before.

    "Please promise me that you're going to get it checked out? If not, you can damage your wrist forever," I begged him. I gently placed my free hand on his cheek, staring into his baby blue eyes. I bit my lip and gazed at him sadly.

   He looked down at his lap yet nodded his head.

   "Okay, I promise," he softly said.

    "Adam look at me," I wanted to know he meant it. He slowly lifted his head only for his eyes to meet mine once again, "promise me and mean it, please?"

   He nodded his head once again, "I promise."

   I gave him a small smile. I leaned forward and pressed my lips against his for a brief moment. When I pulled away, I saw him smiling widely which only caused me to smile. I let out a small laugh.

    He turned back to his locker and finished packing his things up. I stood up from the stool I sat in.

   Looking to my right, I saw Dean was the last one if here. While Adam headed back to the bathroom to fix his hair, I grabbed my things.

    "Hey, Portman, can I walk out with you?" I asked the boy. He nodded his head.

    "Of course, Frosty," I sent him a smile.

    "Adam, I'm heading out with Dean! I'll be right outside!" I shouted through the locker room. I slung my bag over my shoulder and walked over to Dean.