eleven | angry coach & switzerland

foster gray

foster gray

-Anaheim, CA
-USA vs. SWISS
-locker room, pregame

    One week down, and has it been one heck of a ride. Connie still ran her mouth about me, but I honestly couldn't care anymore.

    Ken and Adam were still by my side and that honestly all I needed. Today we played against Switzerland, which is pretty dang cool. I've always wanted to go there.

    We all sat in the locker room, either getting changed, taping our sticks, or just chilling. I was taping my stick, alone.

     I had my earphones in and listen to my favorite old rock songs. We had to be one this ice in fifteen minutes, so I had time.

I had a locker in the corner of the locker room, in the way back and near the bathrooms and showers, which were quite gross. I always get stuck back there no matter what.

Coach never really said anything about it. He probably figured I just needed space.

Once I finished taping my stick, I turned my phone off and shoved it in my locker. I was ready for the game.

    We headed out of the locker room together. Like usual, I was stuck in the back. Luis was by my side. He never talked much, but I knew he was buddies with Guy.

    "Hey," he spoke up. He didn't sound the friendliest which made me a little anxious, "you're way to pretty to do this to yourself," he quietly said.

    I furrowed my eyes rows together, "do what to myself?"

    "You know, all the things Connie tells us. How you put yourself out there and just let boys take advantage of you and shit," he responded. I sighed.

     "Look, Luis. You seem like a nice guy, but you believing Connie is ridiculous," I said. Step one to taking Connie down. Telling her little 'minions' how it is, "literally everything she's saying about me is a lie. Before we met Connie, you liked me, right?"

    He nodded, yet stayed silent. We kept walking and tried to keep up with the team.

    "I'm no different from that day. She hated me as soon as she saw me, and I don't know why. When I fell, she was quick to make fun of me. I didn't even say a word to her, and I've still barely said a word to her, and somehow she knows things about me. But I can tell you that all of these rumors about how I got here are false," I told him, "I have friends from Wisconsin. A lot. I care for everyone and I would not dare to talk about them behind their back like that."