forty seven | banned

F O S T E R G R A Y

F O S T E R
G R A Y

-UCLA dormitory

It was a peaceful afternoon in the dorm lounge. I sat on the floor with Adam by my side, obviously, and the team and the gang around us. There was no fighting, it was nice.

I knew Lucas had some things he wanted to say, but he kept it to himself. The boy held so many grudges against people.

   The only person that was missing was Holly. She had caught Kade making out with some girl the other day, and the two broke up. I wanted to be with her but she wanted to spend her day alone, and wanted to spend her time shopping everywhere and anywhere. I felt terrible.

   Moments later, Kade walked into the room, holding a Pink Floyd record in his hand. He walked over to the record player in the corner of the room, grabbing everyone's attention. We knew he was going to say something.

   I looked up at Adam with my eyebrows raised, before turning back to Kade who spoke up.

   "Guess which part of my body I named Pink Floyd?" He cackled. My eyes widened. Of course it was something that stupid.

   "Shut up," Julie spoke up attempting to hold her laughter back with red cheeks. I chuckled.

   Kade laughed as well, walking back over to all of us. He set the record down and sat beside Lucas on the floor.

   "Holly thought it was cute," he said. I rolled my eyes once again.

   "Well, Holly's not here anymore," Isaac truthfully spoke. It wasn't something Kade wanted to hear. I knew he missed her too even if he hated to admit it.

   I felt Adam grab ahold of my hand, causing me to smile. My eyes shifted over to the boy while I looked into his baby blue eyes. I leaned forwards and placed a small kiss on the corner of his lips turning back to our friends a few seconds later.

I snuggled my head peacefully into his neck with the biggest smile on my face. I couldn't have been more happy with the boy, truly.

Grace spoke up, "I was with Holly this morning, and she was so down, it was depressing," she crossed her arms over her chest as she talked, a frown on her face. I knew she felt bad too. Holly just wanted some alone time, and I understood that.

"She's taking the break up pretty hard, huh?" Kade asked with a soft tone yet a smile still on his face. I wasn't sure how he even felt. They loved each other deeply. "Cool," he added sounding happier.

I sighed. How could he be so happy when she was heartbroken?

"Shut up man, you cried like a baby," Lucas defended.

"Woah," said a baffled Kade. He quickly denied the matter. "I did not cry. I had something in my eye."

I exchanged annoyed looks with Adam. I rolled my eyes.

"For a week?" Adam teased.

Kade sighed, "I have allergies!" He turned his attention to the TV trying to forget what we were talking about. I adjust my grip on Adams hand.

I started to shiver. I didn't expect for it to be so cold in here, but if I was being honest, I wasn't feeling the greatest. I've been feeling off all day and I wasn't sure why.

"Hey," I tried to grab Adam's attention. I glanced up at him. He looked down at me with soft and curious eyes.

"Yeah?" He asked me.

"I'm a little cold so I'm going to get a sweatshirt. Do you need anything while I'm up?" I questioned. A small smile formed on his lips. He shook his head.

"Go get one of mine," he smiled. "I have that gray and blue jacket on my bed if you want to wear it."

A huge smile crept onto my lips, "is it that one you wore when we got our jerseys and Mr. Tibbles has that big wheaties box?"

The boy nodded his head. I smiled even more and I may have slightly squealed. I kissed him on the cheek again as a way of saying thank you. Of course I wanted to wear his jacket. I wouldn't pass that up ever.

I excused myself from the room and headed to the dorm room Adam shared with Guy, Charlie and Jesse. I got the jacket which was quite big on me, but it made me happy. I was beyond comfortable.

Walking back to the lounge I could hear what sounded like Coach Bombay yelling. My breathing hitched. I broke out into a sprint to the lounge with worry. What was going on?

When I made it back, I stopped in the doorway. Coach Bombay stood in front of everyone with one hand clenched onto Lucas's shirt, and the other Isaac's, while Luis held back Guy, struggling greatly. I furrowed my eyebrows and listened to Coach Bombay.

"You boys need to leave," he told Isaac and Lucas with anger. "You're not welcomed back!"

"But Co-" Adam tried to defend our friends but was interrupted.

"So it's my fault?" Lucas shouted. "He does all of this shit and when I stand up, I get in trouble. This is stupid! I don't understand-"

"Lucas!" I shouted. Everyone turned to me. My eyebrows were knitted together. I was worried.

I didn't know what was going on, but I felt the need to step in. Lucas was spiraling out of control and I knew how he could get.

I stepped forward into the room and walked closer to Coach and the boys with concern.

"What's going on?" I asked with worry. Coach Bombay let go of my friends and turned to me.

"Foster, I'm sorry, but your friends can't come back here. They need to stay at the hotel," he demanded. I licked my lips nervously, starting to feel faint.

"Coach," I heavily breathed, "what's going on?" He looked at me skeptically, but I knew he didn't want to answer me. I respected that, but I wanted to know what was going on.

Coach Bombay turned back to the gang, asking them to all leave with a respectful manner. Grace looked like she was about to cry, as did the innocent Alexei.

Grace motioned her head towards the door. I took the hint that she wanted to talk. I nodded my head and headed over to the door with her where we could get some privacy.

"What's going on?" I asked her concerned. She sighed.

"When you left, Lucas started talking about how he hated some people and he was hinting to Guy that he was one of them, so Guy spoke up and said something and then they started arguing, Isaac jumped in because he got angry at the things Guy had done to you, and well, your Coach walked in," she explained. I let out a heavy breath. I hardly had any breath.

I gulped, starting to get chills. I hugged the jacket I wore to my body.

"He, he doesn't want them back?" I stuttered. I started to feel even more sick, more faint. I licked my sweaty lips.

Grace nodded but gazed at me with worry, "uh, are you okay?" She asked me. I moved a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Yeah, of course, I'm fine, why?" I questioned in returned. She suddenly placed her hands on my shoulders and pushed me to the ground slowly. I took a seat on the floor confused. What was she doing? She turned into the room calling for someone, anyone, her voice became faint.

I felt my heart start to race. My vision became blurry. I placed my hand over my chest and looked forwards with fear. What was a happening to me?

The last thing I saw was a worried Adam close to my face, his hand on my cheek. Coach Bombay quickly came to his side and moved him over so he could be in front of me. Then, my eyes shut.