seventy nine | dinner news

F O S T E RG R A Y

F O S T E R
G R A Y

-thursday morning
-after practice

I walked out of the hockey rink between Coen and Rick, Adam on the other side of Rick. We both hated hiding the relationship, especially now, but thank goodness the boys were still clueless. I didn't even know how they still didn't know.

  I was thankful for the dinner Adam had set up last night. I, for once, ate something, and the dinner was so good. However when I woke up this morning, my appetite was gone. I wasn't feeling it today, but I forced a smile on my face and I was going to make it through the day even if I had to fool everyone.

"So, Adam, Foster," Rick spoke up in the silent morning once we reached the chilly outside air, "and  Coen and Scooter, since you both are new this year too," he added. We all came to a halt in front of the school before we all had to go out separate ways. Rick turned around to face us all. I crossed my arms over my chest to keep myself warm and smiled up at him. "It's tradition here at Eden Hall for the Varsity team to treat the J.V. Team to a dinner, which we were planning for tomorrow night at the country club. If you need a ride, we will gladly take you."

   My smile grew. I glanced up at Adam who was smiling at the boys.

   "That's a sweet tradition," I responded smoothly. "How much money should we bring?" I questioned. Rick shook his head.

   "Don't worry about it, it's on us," he said. I smiled even more. Of course I was going to bring money.
I'd feel bad if they paid for my meal.

    After awhile of talking, we all decided to leave. I stayed back, telling them all I needed some air, but that was a full on lie. Once the boys could no longer notice me, I looked at Adam who was walking down the other sidewalk. He glanced back every now and then to see where the boys where. When he saw they couldn't notice, he hurriedly turned around and sprinted towards me.

    When he got to me, he set his things on the ground and placed his hands on my waist while mine traveled to his red cheeks. I stood on the tips of my toes while he leaned down, smashing my lips against his. I felt immediate sparks and butterflies causing my heart to flutter. I started to pull away but he kept leaning back in over and over again which only made me laugh.

   I pulled away once more. This time, he did too. I gazed up at the sweaty boy getting lost into his deep blue eyes.

   "I love you," he whispered. My heart skipped a beat. My eyes traveled down to his lips before they met his eyes again. I gently brushed my thumb against his lips before pecking them once more gently and longer.

   "I love you too," I whispered back.

    Lunch time came fast. The boys all wore new varsity jackets. No surprise, I still didn't get one. But, Rick let me wear his old one since his was the only on that wasn't destroyed from the Ducks prank. It was kind of nice.

   I headed to the Ducks lunch table with Rick, Cole, Scooter, Coen, Adam and a few of our other teammates to tell them about the dinner. Nerves shot through my body. I was nervous, so I hid in the back behind Coen. I could still feel my old teammates glaring at me which made uncomfortable.

  "Congrats on your last game," Rick said with enthusiasm, leaning against the table.

  "Yeah right, we tied," I heard Charlie grumble. I bit my lip out of nervousness.

   "Hey, a points a point. You guys proved your guts. Are you all set for dinner Friday?" Rick questioned. I enjoyed the fact that he was being nice to them now. Even after what they did to me and how mad he was, it brought joy to me.

   Coen kept glaring at them all and grumbling things under his breath. He was still angry. I knew it.

   My eyes wandered over to Adam who was already staring at me. I felt a blush creep onto my cheeks. I started to smile.

   "Dinner?" Russ asked.

   "Well, it's an Eden Hall tradition. Varsity gotta treat the freshman to dinner. So, round up your posey and meet us at six, at the Minnesota Club downtown. Anybody need a ride, we can take you. I mean you guys do like steak and seafood, right?" Rick asked them. I heard Charlie scoff.

   "Yeah we do!" He said. My smile grew.

   The boys started to walk back. I stayed with Adam and Cole, Cole speaking up.

   "Look, I don't like you pukes, alright, but this is a tradition, and at Eden Hall I learn to care about tradition," he said. He patted Adam on the shoulder before taking off with the rest of the group. I stayed.

  Adam smiled at them all and began to walk forwards, "it's cool," he said with joy. He looked back at me. "Are you coming back to the table?" He asked me with a gentle tone.

   I nodded my head, "yeah, just give me a second," I responded. Adam nodded his head before leaving the table and heading back with the rest. I looked at the Ducks with a small smile on my face.

   "Erm, well, I hope you all are doing well and I just wanted to let you know you've been killing it at your games and I'm so happy for you all," I told them with respect. I was still hurt just by looking at them. I could feel half of their flares burning through my skin. My eyes met with Ken's. He sent me a small smile. I returned it but it soon faded when Connie spoke up.

  "Nice jacket," she scoffed. "Which one of your boyfriends is it? Is it Adams? Ricks? Coen's? Or is it that big guy JJ's?" She snapped earning laughs from some of my teammates. I sighed.

   "That's enough, Connie," Guy defended.

   "For real, you just need to stop," Ken added.

   "This is getting old, truly. You're playing your same old boring games and it's not only hurting Foster, but the people around her and you really need to cool it and grow up," Luis snapped at her. I bit my lip once more. I sent them all a sad smile.

   "Thanks, guys. I'll see you Friday night." I told them. I turned on my heels and walked back to the crowded Varsity table. When I returned, I saw that my seat was taken by Rick.

  He grinned at me and pointed to the empty seat beside Adam where he had once sat.

  "Wouldn't you rather sit by lover boy?" He teased. I saw our teammates start to grin. Adam and I shared embarrassed looks.

   "What are you, uh, talking about?" I questioned nervously. Rick rolled his eyes.

   "Chanel, you and Adam are not very good at hiding the way you look at each other. You're in love, anyone can see that," he told us.

   "Plus everyone saw you two making out this morning after practice," Coen scoffed. I felt my face heat up. I looked down in embarrassment.

   Coen walked up behind me and pushed me forwards to the empty seat by Adam. I took a seat and gazed up at him. He slowly moved his hand towards me and let his large hand rest on my thigh. I felt the usual butterflies all throughout my stomach.

   "Now give her a kiss," Scooter spoke up. I thought team dating was a huge no-no. However, that must've been just for Coach Wilson because these boys seemed happy.

I heard Adam sigh. I glanced back up at him. The boy leaned forward and placed a long gentle kiss on my forehead. Our teammates started to cheer loudly. Laughter escaped my mouth.

"You two are a power couple! Both freshman on the varsity team! That's a power couple!"

"Freshman love, its so cute!"