104 | pep talks

𝐅𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 104"PEP TALKS"

𝐅𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲
𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 104
"PEP TALKS"

   Today was the day, it's was the Freshman Team against the Varsity team, a game where the whole school showed up just to watch the freshman's lose. But we're we going to lose? I didn't necessarily think so. I had hope. I had faith.

   On defense, we had Fulton, Russ, Charlie, and the infamous, Greg Goldberg. The man was a pretty good defenseman if I do say my stuff. He spent years studying and watching defense as he stood in the net, making big moves and winning games. The three boys had an amazing sense of power on the ice.

Then we have Guy, Dwayne and Luis on left wing, three of the fastest players there was. Guy hands down should've been on varsity, but at the same time, I would never want to wish all of the stress and problems I had onto him. Not at all.

Right wing, there was Averman, Kenny, and Connie. They were strong. Had an eye for the puck, and knew exactly what they were doing. Aside from me, they were the smallest players which made it easy for them to get the puck like some sort of ninja. It definitely came in handy being small.

The heart of the game, the person who everyone hyped up and loved, was goalie, Julie. Julie was one of the best goalies out there. Sorry to Goldberg, but no one could ever replace Julie as a player. She was amazing, a cat, saving shots left to right. It blew my mind how amazing she was at the game.

Lastly, center ice. Charlie, Adam, and me. Charlie and I would always switch on defense. I'm used to being a defenseman. And I was hoping I could trade Charlie and be a defenseman for the game because I was used to it with these guys. The countless of times Coach Wilson made me fight these boys, made me go up against them with no help at all to the point where bruises were literally left all over my body, I knew I could get them. I wasn't scared of these boys. Of course I was scared of the game, but surely not the boys.

   I made my way into the locker room about an hour before we were supposed to be there. Of course I was early, I was always early. It seemed to be a form of good luck when I was early though.

    My last championship in Point Place, I was almost two hours early to the game. I may have sat in the locker room by myself, cleaning the disgusting locker room the boys were going to mess up anyways, but we won. Didn't we? 

   I found myself sitting alone in the locker room. There was 45 minutes on the clock until everyone else was going to show up. I was all dressed, all prepared, and.. alone and bored. I thought there would at least be something to clean up in this locker room but I completely forgot how fancy and well maintenance this school was.