twenty nine | punches thrown

foster gray

foster gray

-holiday inn anaheim-resort area
-mid afternoon

"Foster, you look hot in that! Holy smokers!" Holly told me in complete shock as I walked out of the bathroom in one of the new outfits she had bought me.

I wore a white sort of crop to that fit me perfectly, with a light green cardigan type thing. Holly had put a green bandana in my hair to match the cardigan. I also wore a pair of skinny jeans that were super comfortable.

I looked at myself in the mirror that hung on by the bathroom door. I loved it! Spending these past two days without being around Connie and everyone who has been putting me down has really lifted my mood. The gang had spent last night and this morning cheering me up. It worked. I wasn't worried about Connie today. I wasn't worried about anything.

"Crap," I spoke when I remembered something. I turned back to the girls on the bed, "I have practice later, or else I'd keep this on all day."

"Wear it to practice," Grace told me. I shrugged. My arms fell to my side. I started to walk back to the empty bed. I took a seat.

"No way, they'd make fun of me," I told her. She rolled her eyes.

"You look gorgeous in that. That'll make Connie jealous for sure," she responded. I shook my head.

"She won't be jealous, and besides, that's what got us in this mess in the first place. Jealousy," I said. I remember my first day, that's what Coach told me, that's what Adam told me.

I got up from the bed and went back to the bathroom, changing back into my leggings and t-shirt. I kept the door open so I could talk to the girls.

"Wear that to your interview. It's perfect for that!" Holly said. I shrugged and slid my t-shirt over my head.

"I guess I could do that," I replied. I picked up my clothes from the floor and neatly folded them. I walked back out to the room and set the pile neatly in my suitcase. There was a sudden knock at the door, "I'll get it," I said.

I quickly zippered my suitcase and went to the door. As I opened it, I was pushed back. I fell to the ground and looked up in shock seeing Connie standing there with tears streaming down her face.

I hurriedly stood up, pushing grace and Holly back onto the bed who was about to leap at the girl.

"You bitch!" Connie shouted at me, screaming in my face. Why was she crying? What was going on? "You got me in trouble! You told Coach and now he's calling my mom!"