twenty | nicknames

foster gray

foster gray

-dormitory
-5 PM

     I looked around my room in complete shock. Pictures of pigs covered the walls. Everything in my suitcase was scattered around my room. The table was flipped over, the sketches I had sitting on the table were torn up and thrown all over the room. Everything was a mess in the bathroom. The bed sheets were torn off of the bed. Everything was a wreck.

    I quickly ran over to my suitcase, jumping over piles of clothes. I looked for my Mario Lemuix Jersey. Signed and autographed by him. It was important to me, and I couldn't lose it.

     My friends, along with Adam and the Cameron's looked around in shock. They could barely even get in the room.

    Tears started to pour out of my eyes and blur my vision. I couldn't find my jersey anywhere. I jumped to my feet, and stormed out of my dorm, tearing down a few of the pictures and leaving them in my hands. I needed to find Connie.

     I figured she was in the lounge, so I ran there as quick as I could with everyone on my heels. Mr. Cameron was angry. I knew he was going to blow up, and at this point, I really didn't care if he did or not.

     I turned into the lounge. Sitting there was half of the team. I found Connie. Guy sat beside her, wearing my jersey.

    I wiped away my tears that still fell.

    "Why?" I asked, my voice cracking. They all darted their heads towards me. I held up the pictures and they all started to laugh.

     "Give her that jersey back, now," Lucas snapped. Guy looked at him up and down, then chuckled.

    "Why should I do that?" Guy responded. I continued to cry. I tried to control myself.

    "That was my dads. It was the only thing of his I had left. The only thing I had to remember him by. You guys already ripped and cut everything else up that he gave me. But now I have nothing," I sobbed. I sighed and rolled my eyes. I wiped away more tears.

     I crumbled up the pictures I had in my hands and threw them on the ground. Guy sprung to his feet with Fulton and Dean by his side.

     I backed away from them, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I quickly apologized, "I didn't mean to say that. I'm sorry."

      I became scared. All of the boys were y'all and buff. They reminded me of one of my moms boyfriends. Tall, buff, very abusive. Who knew what those three could do to me.

     "No," Mr. Cameron spoke up. He jumped in front of me and grabbed ahold of the collar of Guys shirt and the jersey. He looked him dead in the eyes, "you're going to take that off, and you're going to apologize. You can either walk out of here on your own, or you can hop out of here with my foot in your ass."

Behind me, I heard Kade started to laugh. I knew what was coming next. Grace and Holly came up behind me, linking their arms with mine. They pulled me back with the group.

"B, Buh.. Buhhhu," Kade started to stutter, "Burn!" he shouted. I wanted to laugh, but I couldn't.

"Let's get back to the room," Grace whispered. As we passed Kade, Grace brought her hand up and smacked the boy hard in the back of the head, "grow up, Conners."

We spent about an hour trying to clean up, but after that hour, we still had a lot to do. We finally took a break, sitting on the bed that was now put back.

Adam came storming into the room, dressed in swimming trunks, a towel sitting around his neck, and sunglasses on his head. He looked at me down on the bed while I looked at him confused.

"Let's go to the beach, all of us," he said. He gave me a small smile, "I want you to have fun. I want you to get your mind off of things."

I looked up at Mr. and Mrs. Cameron.

Mrs. Cameron gave me a smile, "Go sweetie. Go have fun. We've got it from here."

I smiled. I got up from the bed and gave the woman a hug, "thank you. I really appreciate it."

We all got dressed. The gang went back to the hotel so they could get changed. Adam and I said we would meet them there.

On our way out, Adam got stopped. Jesse was calling for him.

I quickly hid behind a cardboard cut out they had of Coach Bombay in the lobby. Jesse couldn't see me.

"Where are you going?" Jesse asked. I closed my eyes and held my breath. I couldn't let him find me.

"To the beach," I heard Adam respond.

"No," Jesse said, "stay here."

"Why?" Adam questioned.

"The pig is probably at the beach too. You cant talk to her."

"Who can't I talk to?" Adam asked. I guess I had a new nickname now.

"Foster, duh."

"I'm going to the beach, Jesse, and you can't stop me." I peaked at the two, seeing Adam start to walk away. Jesse grabbed ahold of his arm. Adam looked over at me, "Just go, I'll be fine," he mouthed. He gave me a look of sympathy, "I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry," I responded back. I felt terrible. Once him and Jesse were out of sight, I ran out of the dormitory and into the warm California air.

The gang and I eventually got to the beach. I was bummed out that Adam wasn't able to go, and I felt extremely bad. I didn't understand why his friends were being so hard on him. It wasn't fair.

They all tried cheering me up, but it didn't work. I was stressed, and still hurt from what happened today. I felt bad that I was bumming everyone out.

I just wanted to be back in Wisconsin, sitting in the Cameron's basement, watching Lucas and Kade fight over stupid things and Holly, listening to Mr. Cameron yell at his idiot neighbors. I wanted to be away from all of this drama.

Maybe I should go home.