ninety three | change

↳ foster gray

foster gray

   IT WAS EARLY MONDAY morning, and I was alone in the Cameron's house. I didn't know much of what to do today. Maybe I could head to my old place and gather some things up, some of my old clothes that I knew would fit me due to the weight I lost from never eating and all of the hard work Coach Wilson had made me go through.

Walking into the kitchen, I saw the cake I had made last night sitting on the counter. It was a beautiful buttercream marble cake with purple roses on it, my favorite flower, my favorite color. I went all out when it came to decorating cakes. It looked so good, however, I had no desire in eating it. I had no desire in eating anything.

I headed straight to the refrigerator and grabbed the cold carton of dark chocolate almond milk Mrs. Cameron always had for me. I got sick drinking any other kind of milk, so this was the only kind I drank. I set the carton on the counter before heading to the cupboards, pulling a glass from the top shelf which I struggled to get.

Usually Kade would be here grabbing the glass for me, but actually using it for himself, but everyone was at school. Mr. Cameron was at work, and Mrs. Cameron was having a meeting at the school for something, but I wasn't sure what. I also knew that she was planning something for me for tomorrow to help me find myself. I trusted her with everything, so I knew that whatever was happening tomorrow, it would work.

As I was about to pour a glass of milk for myself, the doorbell rang. A tired sigh escaped my lips. I set the carton back onto the counter and dragged my tired body to the front door.

   I threw the door open, only to see a confused Adam Banks standing there, looking at his surroundings. It took him awhile to notice me, but when he finally saw me, his face glowed.

   "Baby Gray!" He shouted with joy. A smile immediately rose to my face. I wasn't sure what the boy was doing here, but I was so glad to see him.

   "Baby Banks!" I shouted in return. Adam dropped the bag he held, followed by him wrapping his arms around me tightly. He picked me up from the ground and started to spin around. I hugged him back feeling relief and comfort, and the usual safe feeling I had when he held me like this. He shortly set me back down onto the ground, placing a small kiss on my forehead.

I grabbed his bag from the ground and moved to the side, letting him enter the house for the first time. He clapped his hands together and thanked me while he observes the living room, a smile plastered on his face which only made me smile. I set his bag by the coat rack and shut the door behind me.

"So, what are you doing here?" I asked the boy by surprise. I wasn't mad that he was here. I was excited! Ecstatic! I hated being away from him.

"Mrs. Cameron said she had some sort of a plan for you tomorrow, and she wanted me here to help, I guess. I have to leave tomorrow morning though, so I get to spend all day with you," he grinned, walking closer to me. Once he got to me, I snaked my arms around his waist. I smiled up at him. The boy soon started to lean down. He placed his soft lips against mine, kissing me passionately and smoothly. I kissed back, fireworks erupting in my stomach as well as my knees beginning to weaken. I pulled away from him with happiness taking over.

"I love you," I said to him. He returned to smile.

"I love you too."

   "I can see why you spend a lot of time up here. It's a nice view," Adam's soft voice rang through my ears. I decided to bring him to the water tower. It meant a lot to me, and so did he. "And, why does it look like the pott leaf is giving me the finger?"

   I stood up from where I sat on the platform, shifting my view over to a confused Adam. I let out a small laugh and shrugged my shoulders.

   "Conners painted that part. He's had too many falls off of this thing so his brain is kind of screwed up," I joked. Adam's eyes met with mine. I felt butterflies in my stomach and warmth inside.

   "I thinks he's had too much of that too and his brain is fried," Adam joked back. I started to laugh, but it was soon interrupted by a familiar voice.

   "Hey! I heard that!" The person screeched. It was Kade himself. I saw Adam's face light up. He was quick to rush to the ladder and help the injured Kade up. He did the same for Grace, Holly, Alexei and Isaac, giving them all huge hugs. They all missed each other, but I think Adam and Isaac missed each other the most even if they saw each other not that long ago.

The last person to come up the ladder was Lucas. I tensed up, and I knew Adam did too. Adam reached forwards to help Lucas up, but the boy denied his hand and got up himself. Adam nervously shoved his hand in his pocket and turned around to face everyone in front of us while Lucas turned to him and I.

I gulped.

"What are you doing here, Banks?" Lucas spoke. He shoved his hands into the front pockets of his jeans, his emotions not visible. I couldn't tell if he was mad, happy, confused, and his voice didn't even have a certain tone to it.

"Lucas, come o-"

"Foster, let him answer," Lucas snapped at me. I sighed. I backed down.

"Oh, uh, Mrs. Cameron has some kind of thing planned for tomorrow and she wanted my help to sort of plan it, ya know?" Adam answered. His voice was shaky, and it was obvious he was nervous. I reached for his hand in hopes to calm him down.

Lucas nodded his head skeptically. The air became silent, tension building up every second. There was a long stare down between Adam and Lucas. Adam had toughened up and returned the harsh glare he was receiving.

"Sorry, I just wanted to help my girlfriend become her normal self again. I'm sorry if that disturbs you in any. way." Adam snapped with a fierce tone. Everyone was shocked at what Adam had said. He wasn't the one to stand up for himself to anyone like Lucas.

My eyes wandered over to Kade who had the biggest grin on his face.

"B.... Buh... Buhr... BURN!" He hollered, earning a punch in the arm from Lucas.

"Shut up for once, Conners, would you?" Lucas fired at him with anger. Kade became silent. He quietly turned away from the angry red head with thick sideburns. He turned back to Adam with his arms crossed. The expression on his face seemed to change. He stuck his hand out, a grin forming on Adam's face. I knew what he was going to do. The awkward silence broke. "Well, Banks..., it's nice to see you. It's been awhile man."

I was shocked at what Lucas had said. I knew he despised Adam, but it's been months and I thought he would've been over it. Maybe he finally was.

Adam grabbed Lucas's hand and gave it a firm shake, but to be sarcastic, he tightened his grip on the boys hand and pulled him in for a hug. I saw a look of disgust form on Lucas's face. I started to laugh.

Maybe things were going to change.