108 | fighting secrets

𝐅𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 108"FIGHTING SECRETS"

𝐅𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲
𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 108
"FIGHTING SECRETS"
..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈

    "Hey, Krystal!" I cheerfully said, skipping out of the locker room after changing. I was drenched in sweat, but somehow, I still managed to smell like cotton candy which was quite honestly a good thing. The boys smelled so bad in the locker room and I was so glad to finally be out of there.

   The blonde girl sent me a small smile that seemed forced. She fumbled with the jacket she had resting in her arms just like I had been with Adam's varsity jacket he was able to keep.

   "You did amazing out there, Foster. Playing goalie? You killed it!" She complimented. My smile grew, but faded when I heard the tone in her voice. I furrowed my eyebrows. "How's Adam?" She asked. I grew even more concerned. I looked down at my shoes nervously and set my bag down on the floor by my feet.

   "He's good, very happy," I lied. Before she had the chance to say anything else I quickly spoke up. "Is everything okay?" I asked. It was clear something was up. She was upset, Adam was moody, and Kris was missing.

   Krystal shrugged her shoulders, "he's just been really upset since the divorce, that's all. He's taking it harder than all of us, and seems to be taking it out on everyone around him," she nervously laughed.

   My heart dropped. I could feel all of the color in my face disappear, "d-divorce?" I stuttered. She gazed at me confused but nodded her head.

   "Yeah.., mom and dad? It's been at least two weeks now..," she trailed off. My eyes widened.

    "Two weeks?" I asked in shock. She rose her eyebrows.

    "Did.., did you not.., know?" She asked me. I didn't know whether I should lie, or tell the truth, "I'm so sorry! He was supposed to tell you like an entire month ago when we found out! I'm sorry!" I had no idea that Mr. and Mrs. Banks had gotten a divorce. I knew there were problems that Adam had always talked about, but I never thought this was going to happen. Of course when Adam stopped talking about it, I should've asked.

    "Hey, there you guys are! I knew you'd be out here waiting!" I heard, followed by the locker room door slamming shut. Adam popped into view. Slowly, I crossed my arms over my chest. Adam looked down at me, "Look, Frosty, I'm sorry about what happened in the locker room earlier, truly. I just.., I flipped and I really shouldn't have, and I'm sorry for it. There's just a lot going through my head right now and I didn't mean what I said at all."

   I nodded my head letting him know that I understood. However, I was furious. He couldn't tell me? And it's been an whole month? I get that he probably didn't want to talk about it, but Mr. and Mrs. Banks were like parents to me! They practically adopted me!

   "No, no, yeah, I get it," I calmly said. "You shouldn't be sorry for that. I get there are things going through your head like school, the game, Coach Wilson, your parents divorce..."