130 | cases

𝐅𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 130"CASES"

𝐅𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲
𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 130
"CASES"
..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈

   Days, weeks, and months had passed, and honestly, not much has changed. The hospital was busy like usual which I enjoyed. I spent my free time  trying to steal surgeries from my fellow attendings and most of the time they'd actually let me assist or just do it myself. It was awesome.

  Rick and I worked on a massive case together and worked on one hell of a big surgery that got noticed and was plastered all over the internet and newspaper for our miracle work. We were know as the Dream Team. Coen was our anesthesiologist, and as much as Julie wanted to be our nurse on the case, Rick wouldn't let her because he knew like back then, she'd try to take the credit and fame. And was still pretty pissed off about it, but she hasn't tried to ruin my life again as far as I know. She matured.

Adam was back to playing hockey with his team. He was so close to the pros and always called me with exciting news that got him closer to being a part of the pros. I had a gut feeling that by time the next draft came around, he'd be the top pick. I just knew it. I was so incredibly proud of him.

It was another day of work, a long boring day. No major accidents have occurred so that meant no major surgeries. Which made the day even more long and even more boring.

I stood at the nurses station filling out the last of the paper work for a patient of mine who had just been discharged. When I was finished, I handed it to Julie who had been sitting there and making small talk with me as I did so. Although we lived together, we've hardly spoken at all. Occasionally we did but not often. She's changed her ways greatly but she was still jealous of me for no reason at all. As much as I wanted to be the good guy and push everything away and be friends with her I knew not to do so because I knew what would happen again and I didn't want to risk that at all.

"Hey, there's my favorite doctor!" I heard a voice announce behind me. A smile immediately crept onto my face. The person plopped beside me, their arms resting against the counter like mine had been. I gazed over at the person.

"Hey, Rick. There's my least favorite doctor!" I grinned cheekily as he acted offended in a jokingly way. I chuckled. Soon enough the boys hard look turned into a smile. I playfully pushed his shoulder back.

"I was hoping I could get a consult on one of my patients. He doesn't exactly need one, but he wants to see Doctor Smokin' Hot as he likes to call you," I let out a small laugh at his words. His patient was a 7 year old kid named Parker. He had always been in and out of the hospital in need of a liver transplant and I believe he finally had the transplant and was here for a check up. He was the cutest little thing ever and had a thing for me, always flirting with me and it was just adorable. I grew to love that kid.

"Well, I suppose Doctor Smokin Hot will be glad to come with you and see him," I responded. Rick chuckled. The two of us stood up straight and headed to the boys room in the Peds department. Once we finally made it to the room, I noticed the small boy laying on the bed facing the wall. His parents both sat beside him on the chairs by the bed with a worried look on their face. Although I knew they couldn't have been here for a good reason because of the expression on their faces, I kept a smile on my face and tried my best to remain positive in hopes to give them some positivity. When they saw Rick and I walking in with both of our residents and their interns behind us, they smiled.