twenty eight | busted

foster gray

foster gray

-los angeles, california
-early morning

Coach gave me permission to miss tonight's practice to move my stuff into the hotel. I felt bad for leaving now considering Mr. and Mrs. Cameron had just decorated it, but I was going to be back. I was only staying with my friends for a little while.

I also felt bad for leaving Adam, Ken and Charlie alone. I had talked to the boys, and they were all really supportive. They wanted me to be happy, and that was hard for me to do.

The next day, I woke up early. We had practice in the evening, and I was planning on spending the day with the gang. Coach Bombay said he'd text me if something came up and I needed to be at the dorms.

They were probably happier without me there. I wasn't a waste of space anymore. I felt needed at the hotel.

"Holly, you're uh, you're kind of hurting my wrist," I told the girl who dragged me down the sidewalks of LA.

"Sorry, but if we want to get the good clothes that none of the disgusting people have tried on yet, we need to get moving!" She sung in front of me. I looked over at Grace beside with my eyebrows raised.

"Hey," Grace whispered to me, "I'm just glad she's not spending all of her money on herself for once and she's actually getting us clothes and stuff."

I shrugged. Holly never got us things, "won't her dad be mad though?" I asked confused. Grace shook her head and let out a small laugh.

"It's her dad you're talking about. He's so rich, he wipes his ass with 100 dollar bills," she joked. I felt myself laugh.

Holly pulled us into a store that you could tell was for the rich people. I looked around in amazement while I let the door shut behind me. She finally let go of my wrist.

"Follow me, girls!" She happily ordered. Grace and I exchanged big smiles.

This is going to be great.

ken wu

-dormitories
-eleven o'clock am

Coach Bombay had pulled all of us into the classroom in the dorms for a meeting. I knew what this was about. Adam and Charlie knew what it was about. I'm sure Miss MacKay even knew what it was about.

It felt so odd without Foster here. I missed her. I knew what hotel she was staying at but I figured she wanted some alone time with her friends. She needed them.

I felt so bad too. When we first met, Foster was a ray of sunshine. She was so happy, and so nice. She still is super nice. Making us breakfast in the morning, and putting those cards in our lockers. I knew she was doing these things even if she didn't say anything.

She had the biggest heart I know, but everyone is trying to ruin that.

"I'm guessing you all have an idea why you guys are here," Coach Bombay started while standing in front of the classroom. Anger took over my emotions. I couldn't stand these punks that hurt my best friend.

I sat on the end beside Adam. We both exchanged nervous glances while everyone else looked around confused. I rolled my eyes and slammed my fists onto the desk.

"Foster!" I shouted, fired up, "we're all here because of Foster! Didn't you guys notice she was missing?" It stayed silent, "no, exactly! Because you guys don't care. You guys didn't bother to notice her appearance or anything! She's been nice to everyone of us, and she always made sure we were okay but you guys, you guys treated her like dirt."

I was so mad, it felt like steam was coming out of my ears. I let out a large sigh, leaning back in my seat and folding my arms across my chest. I looked away.

"Calling her a pig, putting pictures of pigs on the wall in her room, that's low. She hardly eats, and she works the shit out of her body because you guys constantly call her fat and body shame her. She knows how much you guys hate her. Why? Is it maybe because Connie is jealous and told you all of these lies just so she could get the attention? I hate to break it to you guys, but Connie will just end up stabbing you in the back," Adam angrily snapped. I glanced over at the boy with a red face. I frowned.

"That is not tr-"

"Connie, shut up," Luis defended with a low tone. The girl huffed.

Adam spoke up again, "Despite all of this, Foster stayed quiet. She tried to be nice to you guys. Made breakfast every morning, put those notes in our lockers, always cleaned up the locker room, and the dorm though it wasn't even her job. She didn't want to stand up for herself because she was terrified of what you guys would do. How you would treat her afterwards. She had the biggest smile ever, and you guys took that away from her..." he trailed off, his voice going quiet. He looked over at me with sad eyes. I gave him a weak smile.

    The room became silent. I became nervous. What was Coach going to say? Would Foster be mad that we said all of this?

     Coach let out a laugh of pity. I sighed.

     "I can't believe this, seriously. I'm in shock," he spoke, as if he had no words. I didn't either. There was nothing else I could really say to express how mad I was.

    "You guys are Team USA, you're representing your country, and this is how you treat everyone? How do you think everyone is going to feel about you if they knew about this? Here, we treat everyone with respect. I don't know what country you guys are coming from, but it's obviously not here," Miss. MacKay fired. She sounded hurt. I could tell she was.

    "No more free days. If you need to go somewhere, ask me. I'd bench you guys as a punishment but we'd have no team left," I heard Coach Bombay sigh. I looked down at my hands nervously, "I don't want to treat you like little kids, but one, everyone is going to write Foster an apology letter, and two, your parents will get a call from me."

    "You can't call my parents, no!" Connie whined, starting to cry. I rolled my eyes for what felt like the millionth time.

    "You should've thought about your actions in the first place."