2 | leaving home aint easy

𝐅𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 2"POINT PLACE"

𝐅𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲
𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 2
"POINT PLACE"
..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈

{ -point place, wisconsin
-Isaac Cameron's basement }

    Leaving Point Place felt like the worst thing in the world to me, aside from my fathers passing. I always thought nothing else bad could ever happen, but leaving Point Place happened to be one of them. Especially being away from all of my friends. They were with me every second of the day.

   I sat beside Kade on the end of the torn up & stained couch sitting in Isaac Cameron's basement, our usual hang out spot. This was our last time together for awhile, and I was desperately going to miss everyone.

   "Hey, Fos," Lucas spoke up. He was sitting in his usual end chair with his eyes glued to the tv. He turned his view to me and handed me a bag of brownies that had been sitting on the table all day, a grin growing on his face, "here's some of my special brownies for your trip," he said.

   I smiled slowly, but I wouldn't take the bag from his grasp. When he made brownies, they were always laced. It was his thing. Usual stoner boy. He sucked at cooking but brownies were the only good things he made.

  "I can't take them, Lucas. You know I don't do that stuff," I laughed. He rose his eyebrows.

"It won't hurt to try," he sang. I laughed again, "but don't worry, I know you by now. They just have extra chocolate chips in them. Just for you."

I stared at the bag in his hands. It's not like I didn't trust him. I sighed, leaning forward and taking the bag out of his hands. I smiled even more. He was sweet to do that for me. He always made sure to make extra brownies with chocolate chips just for me to enjoy.

"Thanks, Lucas," I leaned back on the couch. On the floor above us, I heard the footsteps of Isaac's mother about to come down the stairs. Seconds later, there she was, hopping down with a smile on her face until she got to the end of the stairs and came behind us on the couch.

"Foster, sweetie," she spoke up, "I think it's time to take you to the airport."

I sighed again. I didn't want to leave. It was hard for me to leave my friends. I cant handle not seeing them for one day, let alone all summer. I knew nothing possibly bad could happen in California, but I just wished they could be there.

   I at least hoped they'd come see me play, though I'd feel bad if they traveled when half of them didn't even have the money. Even if it was in TV or on the little screen on their cell phones, which I could care less for, but as long as they could see me play.

   "Hey, hey, Fos!" Kade announced. We all stood up from where we were sitting. He took his favorite puka shell necklace off of his neck and placed it in my hands. I gave him a confused look, "it's something for you to remember me by."

   I rose an eyebrow as he got emotional. He suddenly wrapped me in a tight hug. I froze in my tracks.

   "Um, Kade, buddy," Isaac spoke, pulling the tall boy off of me, "she's not leaving forever."

    Kade looked between the two of us and placed his hands in the back pockets of his jeans. His signature grin formed on his face as he let out a laugh.

    "Oh, ha, okay," he said. I playfully rolled my eyes and shook my head. He was quite, let's say, stupid.

     I gave Isaac a small hug, "good luck out there, Fos," he told me. Isaac was like my brother. His parents were like my parents. His sister, well, half of the time everyone forgot she existed. She was too busy partying with college kids though she dropped out. However, I was grateful for the Cameron's.

     I smiled wide and pulled away, "thank you."

     He moved out of the way so I could give Grace a hug. I looked up at her considering I was so short and she was tall.

"You're going to do amazing, Foster. Bring home that trophy," she grinned. She gave me a small hug and pulled away.

"I'll try to bring you back a hot boy," I joked. Her and I always made jokes about that. How we were going to travel to LA and find cute surfer boys.

But the boy she was really looking for was Isaac. We all knew that beside him and her.

"Her hot boy is already here," Lucas spoke up. I grinned to myself as the others laughed.

"Oh, Fos," Alexei said, grabbing my attention. I loved his accent. He was so adorable, "bring the Julie girl home with you."

I rolled my eyes again and laughed, "I'll stuff her in my suitcase, Alexei," I joke. He smiled wide, thinking I was being serious.

I sighed. Surprise, surprise, before I could say goodbye to Holly, she was dragging Kade out of the place. I waved to Kade one last time before the two disappeared out the door.

I turned to Lucas. He was already coming in for a hug. Things between him and I were complicated. We were really good friends. We were really close. We both used to have feelings for each other, but we never dated because we didn't want to ruin our friendship.

Despite that, we were the bestest of friends. Maybe it was because our family lives were both so screwed up.

I wrapped him in a tight hug, "try not to get into too much trouble, loser," I told him. I felt him laugh.

"And try not to get kicked off of the team, you fighter," he said. I pulled away and shrugged.

"Hopefully no one makes me mad," I joked. We all knew I'd never hurt a fly. Unless that person really really deserved it.

I looked around the room again, sadly looking at my friends.

"This is going to be the longest summer ever," i stated. They all agreed.

Mrs. Cameron placed her hand on my back, "sweetie, we should really get going," she said. I nodded. Before I started crying, I started my way up the stairs.

I heard all of my crackhead friends cheering me on when I got up the stairs. I followed Mrs. Cameron down the hall and through the kitchen to the garage, where I could still hear them yell. I smiled wide.

Mr. Cameron was already waiting there for me with my bags in the backseat. I gave him and his wife a hug, though Mr. Cameron was taking me to the airport.

"Good luck out there, Foster."