105 | a girls power

𝐅𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 105"A GIRLS POWER"

𝐅𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲
𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 105
"A GIRLS POWER"
..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈

My eyes were glued ahead of me. On the warrior side of the ice, Joey Jenner stood hunched over in position, ready to pounce as soon as the whistle was sounded. I was ready too. Like an animal hunting it's pray, except that my prey was four times my size. Not that it was a bad thing—everyone was beautiful in their own way.

   Okay, Foster, get your head in the game, I told myself as I took my spot on the ice. I let out a small sigh. I looked to center ice where Adam stood. Goodness, he was so attractive playing hoc- stop it. You're about to start a very important game, no!

I sighed once more. Before I knew it, the sound of the whistle filled my ears. My instant instinct was to skate forwards. I pumped my arms viscously, my feet gliding forwards. The sound of the blades hitting the ice, carving its only little mark made me feel at ease. It made the adrenaline fly through me even more.

Adam was laying on the ice, Russ was laying on the ice, us Ducks were being pushed down left and right. I hadn't even noticed how close I've gotten to JJ until he was right there. I shoved my hip into his side in attempt to shove him down, but instead, he did the same to me causing me to fly backwards. I fell onto my back with a rough force. My head hit the ice hard causing it to bounce up and down.

I winced in pain, "darn it!" I shouted. I placed my hands onto the ice and pushed myself up. I could hear Coach Wilson screaming from the bench.

"Show her, Jenner, show her what she's missing! Show her that girls don't belong in hockey!" He shouted. I grew furious. He really thought the same thing after I showed him how good I was.

That was my last straw. I wasn't playing innocent anymore. It was game time. The Warriors were being hard, so now, they were going to get a taste of their own medicine.

Getting back on my feet, I gazed around the ice. The puck was down by the goal. Rick attempted to take his shot but it was saved by Julie. I skated forwards. Adam had the puck. He skated around the net with it right at the toe of his stick.

My eyes then landed on JJ who was nearing Adam at full force. I started to work my legs harder, gaining more speed. I flew like a bird to the big defenseman on the other side of the rink. Before I could reach him, I made sure I was prepared to check him. Just like that day back in Point Place when I shoved that jerk-wad into the lockers effortlessly. I could do this now.

   "Defense, defense!" I heard Adam yell as he struggled with the puck. Quickly, I leaped forwards, literally jumping off of the ice. When I landed, I was right by JJ. A devilish grin grew on my face. With all of my force and all of my might, I ran my body into JJ's side. The impact hurt, but seeing him fly right into the boards like he had been hit by a truck, that harsh impact was sure with it.