forty five | reading between the lines

(A/N: I'm really sorry for saying this, and I may get hate for this, but I just gotta say it and I'm sorry again. I think Jack Hughes is OVERRATED. I mean, yeah, he is hella hot. Like hella hot and young too, but there are so many other players that are beauties like him. Like, have y'all seen Jake Guentzel. He is beauty for SURE. There are many players that are being SLEPT on. So, comment your favorite player and favorite team. I wanna see who y'all stan :) )

 I wanna see who y'all stan :) )

F O S T E R
G R A Y

-the hub diner
-los angeles, california

   We all made it to the hub, out of breath and sweating like crazy. Thank goodness the diner had their air conditioning blasting. Seems to me that the storm didn't touch the diner at all.

   I dragged my feet tiredly over to the table we usually sat at. I look a seat beside Adam. After we ordered our food, he turned to me.

   "So, I was thinking..," he trailed off, "that's since we're dating, ya know, that you'd like to go on a date with me?"

   The boy trembled over his owns words. I laughed at him with a smile plastered on my face. I nodded.

   "Of course I would," I grinned.

   "Oh, when! I'll help you get ready!" Holly interrupted from the other side of the table. I gazed at her before looking back up at Adam.

   "After the game against Russia? If coach will let us."

   "Russia! That's who we're playing! Dang I've been trying to figure that out!" I groaned. I looked back down at the table, "oh, but yeah, of course, that works for me," I smiled cheekily at him. He let out a small laugh.

   "I was thinking about taking you out for ice cream and then maybe we could go to the free skate at the rink? If coach doesn't allow then maybe we can just stay in the lounge and order take out..," he suggested. I let out a small laugh and grabbed ahold of his hand.

   "Either works for me. As long as I'm with you."

   "Gross!" Luis shouted, "relationships are yucky when they're cute like that. Stop being cute."

   Adam flipped the joking boy off which caused his brother to gasp.

   "I'm telling mom!" Kris shouted. Adam turned his view to him and flipped his brother off as well with the biggest smile on his face. I playfully rolled my eyes.

   "I'm excited for the game! I'm excited for the game!" I shouted as I stormed into Adam's room. Today was finally the game against Russia. I was beyond excited.

I have also been staying in the dorms again. I felt bad that they had this room for me here and it wasn't being used, so of course I came back. And as odd as it sounds, I miss the team.

   I saw Adam standing in the bathroom adjusting the tie on his suit, though he was having some troubles. Even though he couldn't play he still had to dress up with us.

It wasn't really necessary to dress up, but Coach wanted us to so we looked presentable and respectable. Dean didn't care though. He wore dark jeans, a leather jack and a bandana and called it classy.

   Adam turned to me with a pouty look on his face.

   "I need help," he frowned.

   I started to smile. He walked out of the bathroom and over to me. I grabbed his tie and started to fix it for him as he spoke.

   "What are you so excited about anyways?" He asked me.

   "You didn't hear?" I asked as I clipped the tie to his shirt, my hand brushing up against his chest.

   "Nope," he responded. I looked up at him with excitement, remembering why I rushed over here in the first place.

   "Wayne Gretzky and the rest of the kings are supposed to be there! The Great One! I mean, sure the LA Kings are a good team overall, but I settle for the Penguins and the Oilers. And Gretzky, of course," I grinned. I heard Adam laugh.

   "Wait, Wayne Gretzky is supposed to be there? The Great One?" I heard Charlie speak up from the bed. I peaked around Adam's shoulder, my eyes meeting with charlie who sat on the bottom bunk while Guys legs dangled in his face from the top bunk.

   I nodded my head, "Coach's office is right by my room. I could hear him shouting with excitement all morning. It's what woke me up," I laughed.

   I felt Adam place his arm around me. He pulled me close to him, kissing the top of my head. I smiled wide and hugged the boy back.

   "You look beautiful," he whispered. I started to blush. I wasn't even dressed yet. I was still in my pajama pants and oversized t-shirt.  My hair was in a messy bun and it was clear that I wasn't awake yet. I woke up and brushed my teeth and headed over here. I needed to get ready.

   "You look handsome," I responded. Honestly, I didn't feel beautiful. I never did. I was a typical teenage girl with low self esteem and no matter how hard I tried to make myself look nice, I didn't believe it. Even when Adam constantly told me I looked beautiful, I didn't believe it, "I'm need to get back to my dorm and get ready," I laughed.

   "Why? You look fine the way you are," Adam smiled. I rolled my eyes.

   "I don't think it'd be nice if I showed up in my pajamas though. If I run into Wayne, I don't want to make a bad impression," I joked. Sort of joked. Wayne was good looking to me of course, and he was one of my favorite players. I don't want to look like a slob in front of my idol.

I eventually left the room, heading back to my dorm alone. I got a shower and got dress for our game in an hour. I knew I'd just be getting another shower after the game, but I didn't mind.

I couldn't wait to demolish Russia.