127 | light in the dark

dedication: gabbymacchio on tiktok <3gabbymacchio

gabbymacchio

𝐅𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲
𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 127
"LIGHT IN THE DARK"
..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈

    "Aren't you the cutest thing ever, look at you! Those little dimples, small fingers, yeah!" A wide smile was plastered on my face as I walked through the hospital, the little baby girl in my arms. I talked to her with the voice i used when I usually worked with babies which lead me to get made fun of by some of the nurses at the nurses station, but they didn't make fun of me in a bullying way. They all seemed to like me.

   I was making my way to Adam's room to give him an update on the baby after finally figuring out what the hell even happened at the arena. That was the most chaos I've dealt with in a month. After all, it was warm outside so mostly everyone just stayed home.

   I turned into Adam's room with my head low, but when I entered and saw that he was awake, my face brightened. He smiled up at me with tired eyes.

   "Good morning, Frosty," he groggily said. He must've just woke up. I smiled back and made my way into the room further, shutting the door behind me so that the noise outside wasn't so loud and didn't bother Adam or the baby.

"Morning, Wanksie!" I sung. I stopped at his bedside and swayed with the baby still in my arms. I heard Adam chuckle.

"I can get used to this view," he smirked. My cheeks turned a bright shade of red. I rolled my eyes playfully.

A future with Adam, I could see. We necessarily didn't end on bad terms way back when. Just stupid college and stupid distance. I sighed and changed the subject.

   "I have an update on baby girl," I said. Adam nodded his head wanting further information. He motioned me over to him and scooted over on the bed, then patting the empty spot beside him.

   I looked around the dull room, then deciding to take a seat with Adam on the bed. When I got up beside him, he wrapped his arm around me. I rested my head on his shoulder and huffed feeling the heartbreak from what I learned.

   "It's not good, is it?" Adam asked. I shook my head. I new he had a soft spot for the girl and any news was hard for him to hear.

   "So, she was with her foster parents at the game. The foster father is in jail, he was found with some drugs on him so that obviously isn't good..," I trailed off. I took a deep breath, "the mother," I started. I swallowed the lump in my throat that was growing by each second, "the mother, she was brought in with trauma to the head and it was so bad, she suffered a brain bleed. And since the father is in jail, baby girl has to go with social services."

    I heard Adam sigh. He let his head fall on top of mine, "just so she can go back to another shitty home?" He groaned, "dammit."

   I nodded my head in agreement. He wasn't wrong, it's probably what would happen. I didn't want that, but what could I do? I couldn't mess with social services.

   "I wish there was something we could do, I mean, we can't let her be treated like a ball and be kicked around all the time," I spoke up. Adam moved his free hand onto the babies head. He slowly stroked the little hair she had. It was cute, it was comfortable, it was everything I wanted.

"Well, I have an idea, that was s kinda crazy and I don't know how you're going to react, but it's an idea," Adam said. I rose my eyebrows. He took a deep breath, "what if we adopted her?" My heart stopped, and then started racing uncontrollably. I looked over at Adam with heart filled eyes but stayed silent. Adam grew concerned. He shook his head and looked down. "Sorry, crazy, I know."

"No, no, no," I quickly said, "that's, that's.., you're on to something. She- she wouldn't be thrown in some random home and she wouldn't be deserted!" Adam's face lit up.

"Wait, are you actually agreeing with me?" He happily said. I nodded my head.

"It'll take months for everything to go through and she'll have to stay with CYS, but she'll be safe, she'll be protected, Adam. It's not crazy, it's awesome!" I told him. We gazed at each other with excrement and joy.

"We're adopting her?" He questioned. I nodded my head.

"We're adopting her," I repeated. Adam lenses forwards and pressed his lips against mine roughly, passionately. My heart swelled with pure amazement.

   Almost eight years later, I still had a lot of love for Adam Banks. I was always going to have that soft spot for him no matter what. He was perfect to me in every single way and I knew I would always love him. Always.

   All the memories, all the hardship, all the success and all the love, it was something I'd never forget, something I'd always cherish.

   Maybe Adam and I were moving too fast right now after being apart for eight years but it all felt so right. Or did it? I wanted it to be right, I didn't want to be in over my head. I wanted Adam Banks. But I prayed he felt the same way. Something good had to come out of this. We couldn't have been brought together like this after years. This meant something. Something amazing was going to happen out of this. Or am I just kidding myself?