thirty four | sparks fly

FOSTERGRAY

FOSTER
GRAY

-dormitories
-before practice

    It was the next day.

    I had spent all night listening to the advice Lucas gave me about telling Adam the Connie situation from the hotel three days ago. I literally couldn't sleep because of it.

     So, I came up with the solution I thought was right. I took Lucas's advice and completely ignored it.

    I decided to tell Adam. I had left the hotel mid afternoon to go see Adam at the dorms. I thought it'd be better if I told him in person and not over text.

    The two of us were in my dorm back in the dormitory, knowing we could get some privacy there to talk.

   We both sat on my bed, a few feet between us. He knew something was bugging me all day. Adam could read me perfectly.

   "What's going on?" Adam suspiciously asked me. I sighed.

    "You know how Connie talked to me the other day at practice?" I asked him. He nodded his head, "she came to my hotel room before practice, probably right after Coach had talked to you guys. She was crying, screaming at me, still sort of being rude. I punched her. I told her how it was. She apologized, and well, I forgave her," I admitted. I slowly looked up at Adam, scared to see his reaction.

   He stayed silent. His face was red with what I assumed was anger. He looked down at his lap in shock.

   "Adam?" I softly questioned, "please don't be mad? Please?" I begged him. He still stayed silent.

    I watched him get up from my bed and walk around my room, still not talking. This wasn't good. I sighed. I stood up too and walked close to him, but he quickly backed away from me.

    "Adam," I said again, trying to get him to talk, "please say something. Anything, please?" I begged.

    He finally looked at me, his face still red, matching his red shorts. He bit his lip and crossed his arms over his chest.

     "You forgave Connie?" He asked me. I slowly nodded my head with fear, "and she wants to be your friend now, and you're letting that happen?"

    I nodded my head once again.

    "Ye-yeah," I stuttered.

    He threw his arms down to his side and sent me a harsh glare.

     "How could you forgive her, huh? And now she's trying to be best friends with you and you're letting that happen?" Adam yelled at me in disbelief. I looked at him in shock. Was he really this angry? Maybe I should've took Lucas's advice.

    I sighed. I threw my arms to my side too, "she's been through a lot, Adam. She needs a friend."

   Adam glared at me, "needs a friend? She's gonna end up taking advantage of you! She's gonna stab you in the back once again!"

   "Then let it happen!" I shouted back, throwing my arms in the air. I groaned. I felt bad for being angry, but I was mad. Why was he overreacting?

   "No! You're not getting hurt again like that, okay? You can't forgive her! You can't be friends with her like that!" He hollered. I looked at him bewildered.

    "Really?" I laughed, "Why can't I be friends with her? Why? Yeah she hurt me, so what? That was the past!"

    "That was last week," he snapped. I rolled my eyes.

    "She's different now," I snapped back. Adam sighed.

    "She's no different from the first day you met her, trust me! She's no different from last week! I've been through it! She's a backstabbing bitch and the moment you're all happy, she's going to start hurting you again and trust me, you're not going to be able to handle it again because she's going to come at you harder than she ever has before, and what she did before was harsh," he said with a loud and rough tone.

   I turned my back to him with anger.

   "She needs someone right now, Adam. I forgave her because I felt it was right, okay?" I yelled. I turned around to him once again, throwing my arms around in anger as I spoke, "she knows better not to hurt me again! Besides, why do you care so much anyways?"

   "Why do I care?" He quietly said, "why do I care?" He was shouting again, "dammit, I like you! I have had a crush on you from the day I first met you, okay! Haven't you realized that? How freaking jealous I got over you and Ryan? By the way, I know what actually happened between you two. I just don't want you to be hurt, again, alright!"

    "You like me?" I asked in disbelief. I shook my head and laughed, "I don't believe you. If you liked me you wouldn't be screaming at me like this," I softly said, "besides, she's not going to hurt me! I punched her once, and I'll gladly do it again. The gang will makes sure she doesn't come near me if she is going to act the same. And now she won't have her little minions running around attacking me as well. She can't ruin me any more than she has already, you got that? I can handle this. I can handle her!" I shouted back. Adam became quiet. He crossed his arms over he chest while his bright blue eyes stared at me, "trust me, Adam plea-"

     My yelling got interrupted by a pair of lips on mine. I felt Adam snake his hands around my waist, pulling me close to his torso while he roughly kissed me. I felt myself starting to kiss back.

   The boy spun me around and pushed me against the wall. I kept my lips attached to his, fireworks exploding in my stomach.

    Soon the both of us pulled away to catch our breaths. He backed away from me and looked at me with the same look of anger on his face from before, but this time, his face was more pink.

    I tried to hide my smile.

    "Do you believe me now?" He whispered to me. I shrugged my shoulders.

    "I don't know," I grinned, "maybe you should try it again."

    Adam suddenly smiled. He grabbed a hold of my hockey bag on the ground and threw it at me jokingly. I caught it.

   "Smooth," he teased, "but we have practice," he smiled.