122 | bettering the days after tomorrow

𝐅𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 122"BETTERING THE DAYS AFTER TOMORROW"

𝐅𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲
𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 122
"BETTERING THE DAYS AFTER TOMORROW"
..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈

Days had passed. Of course, the days have been hard, harder than usual but I was getting through it. My friends were there for me, especially Ryan who didn't want to leave my side. He was heartbroken to, and we both were just trying to be there for each other.

Today was the day I was leaving for college. The day I was leaving to get my future started. I was flying to Baylor University in Texas with Rick Riley, who was attending Baylor at the moment. The University was a med school. I knew Rick had been interested in orthopedic surgery ever since he shattered the legs in his bones in a car accident. He was set on becoming a surgeon and becoming one of the best. One day, he was in the area and we went to lunch so we could talk. He offered me a spot down there. He promised me greatness and success and said I'd find it at home down there, so I took the offer and I was beyond excited to go.

   "I told myself I wouldn't cry, Gordon told me that I wouldn't cry, but I'm sorry, Foster, I just can't help it!" Momma MacKay sobbed in the middle of the airport as she held baby boy in her arms. A small happy yet sad smile formed on my face. I quickly walked over to her dropping my bags, and picking up baby boy instead and giving mom a side hug knowing I'd get a bigger one before I had to leave.

   Quite a few people showed up to say goodbye. I didn't think anyone would, but they did. There was Ryan, obviously, the gang, the Cameron's, even Kris, Krystal and Mrs. Banks, there was Guy, Dean, Julie and Ken. Ken was still my best friend.

   I looked down at the baby in my hands and smiled wide, "well, I'm really going to miss Baby Porter," I murmured. He was getting so old so fast that by time I saw him again, he probably wouldn't even remember who I was. He's be a completely different little boy. Hell, he'll probably even have a mustache and five kids and a wide by time I come back.

   I looked back up to see Mom and Gordo looking at each other nervously with mixed emotions. I grew confused. Usually they'd yell at me for calling baby boy Baby Porter, but this time, they didn't. Therefore I knew something was up.

   "Actually, honey, the two of us were talking last night.., and well, we settled on a name we really like, and a name I think the baby likes too," Moms sweet voice told me. I furrowed my eyebrows. The older woman smiled wide and looked over at Gordo. "Oh, you tell her, I'm too excited!" She excitedly told him.

   Gordon matched Moms energy and smiled as wide as he could. He looked around at all of us. Beside me, Ryan took baby boy out of my hands for me like he knew what the name was and that I was going to freak out. I thanked him. He was good with kids, especially with Baby Boy who he grew attached too.

   "You decided on Porter?" I joked with him. Gordon laughed and shook his head, then becoming pretty serious with me.

   "Well, we thought of this name for a while, and we weren't sure about it, or how you'd feel about it, but we think that you're going to like it.., like a lot," he started. He looked over at Baby Boy, "so, Foster, this is your little brother, Kenneth Gray Bombay."

   I felt my eyes widen and my body completely freeze. I stared at the two in front of my in complete shock. I was glad Ryan had took the baby from my hands or else he would've been in the ground and I would've been kicking myself in the ass. I turned my attention back to reality.

   "Kenneth Gray... that's, that's my dads name," I trailed off, "that's my dads name!" I repeated.

   "I hope you don't mind. It's not bad or anything, is it?" Mom said full of worry. I quickly shook my head and leaped forwards practically jumping into her and Gordon's arms.

    "It's not a bad thing at all."

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈

   "Well guys, it's been a great summer, and though I'll be gone for awhile, I'll see you guys on winter break! Maybe. I don't really know how things work down there," I nervously laughed as I said my final goodbyes. The time had come for me to leave. Rick helped me with all of my belongings though there wasn't much there. I still didn't have much. Mom and Gordo offered to buy me things, but I didn't need anything. Nothing made me happier than the people I was surrounded with.

   "Damn, I'm going to miss you, Fos," Ryan spoke up, engaging me into a big hug. Something was different between him and I. It felt like California again, like when him and I liked each other. But I was still dabbling over Adam and heartbroken over him because the only person I wanted to be with was Adam himself but I knew I couldn't.

   I hugged Ryan back tightly—it was comforting, "I'm going to miss you too, Ryan. I'm going to call you as soon as I get down there and keep you updated and you better do the same to me!" I joked with a big smile on my face once a pulled away. Ryan laughed.

   Next, the gang pulled me into a big hug. When they pulled away, I was left trying to catch my breath. A hug with them all was like one big hockey brawl on the ice. It wasn't fun.

    "Hey, Fos," Lucas spoke up. He was standing in his usual spot by Kade with his eyes glued to the tv across the airport. He turned his view to me and handed me a bag of brownies that he had been clinging on to all day, a grin growing on his face, "here's some of my special brownies for your trip," he said.

"Lucas! I can't belive you would do such a thing to Foster! Why would you bring those to the airport, sweetie! How'd you even get through sec-"

"Mrs. Cameron, relax," Lucas reassured to older woman. I held back my laughter, "they're not what you think you are," he said. He then looked back at me and winked.

   I smiled slowly, but I wouldn't take the bag from his grasp.

  "I can't take them, Lucas. You know I don't do that stuff," I laughed. He rose his eyebrows.

"After eighteen years, it still won't hurt to try," he sang. I laughed again, "but don't worry again, I know you by now. They just have the usual extra chocolate chips in them. Just for you."

I stared at the bag in his hands. It's not like I didn't trust him. I sighed, leaning forward and taking the bag out of his hands. I smiled even more. He was sweet to do that for me. He always made sure to make extra brownies with chocolate chips just for me to enjoy.

"Thanks, Lucas," I gabbled. Before I could do anything else, Kade wrapped me into a tight hug and started sobbing. I grew confused and creeped out and knitted my eyebrows together while he sobbed uncontrollably on my shoulder. However I hugged him back.

   "Foster! You're going to be gone forever and I'm not going to see you ever again! And.., and you're going to see me only when I put myself in the hospital and I will order the doctor to fly me to Texas for free so you can be my doctor or.., or I'll kidnap you and lock you in my basement and you'll be my personal doctor!" Kade exclaimed. I slowly pulled away from the crying boy. I slightly smirked, but it wasn't necessarily a good smirk.

  "Kade..," I trailed off, "you're coming to Texas...next week, remember? Baylor Police Academy.., you got kicked out of the one in Wisconsin for shocking yourself with the shock collars they have for the canines..."

   The boys face brightened up. He laughed and nodded his head, pointing at me. "Ha, yeah, you're right!"

   I let out a small sigh and looked around, my eyes eventually landing on Rick who was ready to go. This was now or never. From now on, I was bettering the days after tomorrow. I was better my future. This was my time to shine.

   Baylor University, here I come.