forty three | jill aftermath

F O S T E RG R A Y

F O S T E R
G R A Y

-dormitories
-the next morning

"Woah," I said in amazement, standing in the dormitory lobby while gazing outside in shock, "Jill really did a number on the city..."

I looked up at Adam beside me who seemed nervous. He nodded his head.

"I didn't get any sleep last night because of it..," he trailed off.

"You could've came to my room, you know that, right?" He nodded his head once again and shrugged.

"You fell asleep early and I didn't want to bother you-" he was interrupted by a voice on the income above us.

   "Attention all Olympic teams. All events have been canceled for the following dates due to Tropical Storm Jill: June 11, and June 12. All events will be rescheduled and postponed."

   I let out a sigh, "dang now I don't get to dress up," I joked. Adam started to grin. He suddenly ruffled my hair with his hand.

   "You hate that anyways," he said. I laughed and shrugged my shoulders.

    "You're completely right," the two of us turned away from the doors, starting to walk back to, well actually, I didn't even know. There wasn't going to be much to do today considering the wicked mess outside.

   I shoved my hands in the front pockets of my jeans, trying to think of something to do. It wouldn't hurt to help outside. Everyone was going to need all the help they could get.

   I suddenly had an idea. I stopped in my tracks and looked up at Adam.

   "Hey, do you wanna go to the beach and help clean up? I know there has to be a lot of damage there and people, animals, can get hurt," I suggested. Even if he didn't want to, I was going to go no matter what and drag the gang with me and anyone else who wanted to help.

   "Sure, that sounds like a plan," he agreed. I started to smile even more.

    "I'll go ask Coach then. Do you maybe wanna text the gang and see if they want to come too please?" I asked him. He nodded his head. I quickly stood on the tip of my toes and placed a kiss on the boys warm and red cheeks, "thank you, Adam."

   He nodded once more. I quickly turned on my heels and ran down the hall to Coach Bombay's office. This was going to be fun. I just hoped he said yes.

    Standing in the warm sand, I held a half full garbage bag in my hands. I had gloves on just to be careful.

    Considering how hot it was outside, I wore a pair of black jean shorts and an yellow tank top that was tucked in. My hair was up in two braids with loose pieces sticking to my sweaty neck. Sunglasses sat on the bridge of my nose, guarding my eyes from the bright sun.

   I had dragged the gang with us. Luis came too, and so did Kris. But both of them mostly wanted to flirt with girls. So did Kade. I could hear Holly yelling at him down the beach as they picked up trash.

   I walked with Kris, Grace and Giana, which is some girl Kris had just met. Adam was with Isaac who held the bag for Adam as he chucked junk in it acting like he was in the NBA or something. It was adorable.

   The beach was worse than I though. There was so much debris everywhere.

   "It's so hot out here, goodness," Kris groaned. I looked up at the annoyed boy. He was gazing at Giana like he was completely in love with her. We all knew he just wanted one thing. Giana clearly wasn't up for that, but she stayed with the boy and he stayed with her, "say, Giana, do you want to go back to my hotel room? It's only me there, ya know," he attempted to flirt.

   I glanced over at Grace, trying to hold back my laughter. Giana picked up an empty bottle from the ground and threw it at the boy, annoyed as well.

  "I am not leaving until all of this trash is picked up. Sea animals can get hurt!" She whined. She was definitely a save the turtles kind of girl. Not that it was bad or anything. I guess I was kind of one too.

   Kris smirked at her. He smoothly threw the bottle into the trash bag I held.

   "Okay, okay, respect," he snickered. I let out a small laugh but quickly covered it with a cough.

   "I can see how you and Adam are related," I started. He turned his attention over to me while I yelled over the wind, crashing waves, and annoying seagulls. I wipe by sweaty forearm on my forehead, moving loose strands of hair out of the way, "you both act completely bold and cool but fail at it. Tremendously."

   Kris furrowed his eyebrows, "do you want me to tell Adam you said that?" He asked in a joking manner. I shrugged my shoulders.

   "Go ahead. That's what our friendship is built off of. Picking on each other," I grinned widely, trying to mess with the older boy.

   "Look where that got you," Kris joked back. I rose my eyebrows.

   "In a relationship?" I cockily asked, "yeah, I'm not complaining."

  Kris stayed silent. He swiftly turned back to Giana.

  "Okay, I have an idea, G, how about you start picking on me about everything, and then we'll argue, and I'll push you against the wall and kiss you and then the next day you go out with my family and I, but before that you come to my hotel room and trip over a shoe and fall into me, we'll kiss again in the moment but accidentally get caught by my brother and we'll flirt with each other the whole dinner just to gross out Adam and we'll act like idiots, and then the next day I'll make a really cheesy post on Instagram asking you to be my girlfriend and bam, we're a couple!" He suggested. I rolled my eyes.

   "Awe, Kris, you pay attention to me! That's so sweet!" I jokingly said to him. He was about to say something back, but Giana threw another bottle at him. This time, it hit his face.

   "This is going to be one long day...," he murmured.