sixty three | arrivals

F O S T E R G R A Y

F O S T E R
G R A Y

-saint paul, minnesota
-late at night

   I didn't expect to arrive in Minnesota so late. I thought maybe at 5 in the evening I'd be here, and I could spend the night with Adam and the team, finally, but a huge storm caused my flight become delayed.

   The only flight I could get was for the day before school. So considering it was 10 at night, I wanted to get back to the dorms and sleep so I'd have a decent day of school tomorrow.

   I waited by the baggage claim alone, nervous and excited for the day ahead of me. I couldn't wait to see the team, and most of all Adam. Maybe we'd get back together considering we'd be spending the next four years together. Boy did I sure hope so.

   As I waited to find my luggage, I gripped onto my phone. Mr. and Mrs. Cameron gifted me by paying for my phone, or at least helping me. I promised to pay them half and send them money as soon as I found a job in Minnesota.

  Adam had fallen asleep over an hour ago, and when he fell asleep, he was a deep sleeper. I texted him letting him know I had finally landed safely and was going to meet him at school tomorrow morning. I was beyond excited.

   "Excuse me, Miss?" A voice caught my attention. I quickly grabbed my bags from baggage claim and turned to my left, seeing a young woman in a business suit standing there.

   "Yes?" I questioned sweetly putting a smile onto my face.

   "Are you... Foster Gray?" She asked me. I nodded my head. The girl let out a relived sigh. She stuck her hand out in front of me, causing me to firmly shake it before pulling it away. "I'm Angela Delaney. I'm your faculty representative at Eden Hall Academy. I'm here to help you get settled."

   I sent her a small polite smile, "nice to meet you, ma'am, I'm Foster Gray," I responded though she already knew that.

   "Oh, please," she said flustered, "call me Angela. I'm 25. That makes me feel like a mother."

   I let out a small laugh as the two of us started walking. She helped me with my belongings which I was grateful for.

   "Well, Angela, it's nice to meet you. I apologize for being so late. I didn't expect for my flight to be delayed. I thought I'd be here hours ago," I told her. She sent me a look which made me feel calm in a way.

   "Brush it off. Dwayne Robertson's flight was a whole two days late," she informed me. I let out a small laugh. "I must say," she spoke up again, "I wouldn't take you as a hockey player. You look so.., sweet and innocent. And I heard you're a beast on the ice."