Rabies dogs: Remus vs. Sirius

Walburga has an immediate and freezing effect on him. Fulminate its center of emotions like a paralyzing ray. When he leaves Dumbledore's office, Sirius feels hollow, like the empty shell of a man who was once more than promises. He arrives in the Common Room without knowing exactly which path he has taken. The fire is lit, James and Peter are engaged in a game of chess. Remus rests on the couch, feet on the ottoman, reading in front of the fireplace. The peace, that soothing energy of Remus, hits him like a slap.It boils her blood to see him so calm.

- What did Dumbledore tell you? - James asks.

Remus waits for an answer.

- Nothing. My mother has been more eloquent.

He wants to bite. He wants to bite at all costs. To the first thing that gets in front. It is the rage against his mother, against Dumbledore, against any fucking thing that is within range. Remus seems alarmed at the mention of Walburga. Fuck it. Fuck everyone.

- He called your mother? - Remus censures him with his eyes. At least, Sirius seems to read censorship. Maybe it's concern. Whatever it is, is utterly irritating. - What did you say?

"What have I told him? Why don't you ask me what she told me?" His back burns. It's not the first time. His mother's wand casts black magic, destroys the flesh, leaves wounds deeper than the moon.

- She put her last name wherever it fits.

Disappointed, Remus ducks his head, clicks his tongue, and the slight censure drives Sirius out of his mind, infecting him like rage. He wants to murder him, turn into the dog, and rip off his head biting it repeatedly and then eat the whole flesh. Stick the fangs into the meat, bite the wolf out.

- Instead of making her rage on purpose, wouldn't you be smarter avoiding facing her?

It's the drop that overflows the glass of Sirius's patience.

- Avoid a confrontation ... - he murmurs -How do you do, for example? Do I have to try to be nice to everyone? Change like the moon so no one gets mad, isn't that it?

His own voice sounds unfamiliar to him, it exudes the essence of black magic. Sounds like everything he hates. As if his mother spoke through her mouth. He knows he will regret just saying it and knows that he would do it again if he had the opportunity. It's in his blood. That inheritance of evil in his veins. It's his fault and not his mother's there is pain in Remus's gaze when he gets up from his seat and grabs his coat.

- No, Sirius. I wouldn't dream of asking you to be nice. Or fair.

He leaves without looking back. Neither James nor Peter has moved for a long time, nor a piece in the chessboard.

- If you are going to tell me that I went too far and ask your forgiveness Potter, you can save it.

- Why does he always pay, Padfoot?

Because he always forgives me.

- No fucking idea.

Because he is better than me.