All the same, I love you

A performance. An unprecedented triumph. A historical fact. First defeat of Pakistan in a finale in fifty years. The first victory of England in two decades. Mythical. Magical.

- Sirius, we are freaking lost.

- I'm not lost, Potter. I never get lost. I have a sense of foolproof location.

Five, six in the morning. Dawn is already smelling in the air. Pakistan 350, England 370. James and Sirius return home on the motorcycle. As drunk as the occasion deserves. They fly over some point in Oxfordshire on a motorcycle, but the fog is so thick that Sirius is forced to descend to the ground. Once down in firm stands, James takes the opportunity to shout for him to stop and they stop along the way.

- Are you okay, Prongs?

James holds back a gag.

-Great- he states and ducks down in a violent convulsion to vomit in a bend in the road, somewhere in England.

- Fucking great.

Sirius stops the bike, waits for the last span to finish and James does a cleansing spell. The poor man returns to the motorcycle doing S like steps, pale and haggard. Sirius feels as drunk as he is but unable to vomit.

- Better, Potter?

He nods. It doesn't seem like it's much better. Sirius helps him to lean on the motorcycle.- Just for the record, Prongs - It might be the drunkness speaking but Sirius is thinking he would do anything for James Potter, even though drinking with him always ends in the worst way possible, - I take back what I said about casting a forbidden curse on you if you mention the phrase "Fall in love" again. And I want you to know that I love you.

Again, James nods.

- Yes, I know you love me.

- Very good. I wanted you to know.

- I agree.

- And I wanted you to know that I don't want to sleep with you. I have been thinking about it, and I don't want to.

James lifts his head with some effort. It seems to weigh him down and he struggles to keep his balance.

- What?

- But don't take it the wrong way. I really love you. And I don't think you are ugly. Not at all. But I don't want you that way, you know.

- Excellent.

James doesn't seem to care so much.

- And I want you to know one thing, Potter.

- What.

- That we're lost.

- That's what I thought miles ago.