Quid Pro Quo

Three days later. Leaving Arithmancy. Lucius Malfoy can't resist the call of a good fight. Black and Potter crestfallen with Pettigrew behind, like the plague, and Lupin in the hospital wing, with some mysterious affliction. The poison comes out of his mouth like air. The Slytherin snakes hiss loudly.

- What's up, Black. I heard that Lupin had a little accident... if it doesn't come out of this, you're going to have to find yourself a new girlfriend.

Lucius doesn't have time to react or draw his wand. Sirius is too fast and the curse shoots out before the last letter came from Malfoy's mouth. He only has time to hear "quid pro quo" before feeling the throbbing pain of lightning in the stomach and squirm into a violent grin. He takes his hands to the origin of that pain, and to find the strength to breathe. Impossible. Falls to the ground on his knees and his screams turn to a scream of panic when he checks the blood in his hands.

- Sirius! - Hears James Potter's voice somewhere. Can't open his eyes.

And as soon as it has come, the pain disappears. He has his hands and clothes full of blood but looks in the stomach, under the shirt and there is nothing. Not a wound. Not a scratch. Black looks at him, still holding his wand.

- A word of warning, Malfoy - his voice is devoid of anger and is that calm unknown what causes Lucius to feel intense chills. Fear, for the first time in his life. - Next time you will be bleeding from a real wound. And now you can start praying that Remus gets out of that hospital wing as soon as possible because from now on every drop of his blood is worth a liter of yours. If he gets hurt, I'll make sure you don't get up.

It is not a threat. Black has threatened him many times. Forever angered, sick with anger. This is something else. Black magic of the Black family, a foot from the surface, underneath everything of the Gryffindor, there is darkness.Something in Lucius squirms with pleasure, despite the humiliation.

- Someday you'll pay me altogether, Black.

- Anytime.

James and Peter accompany him to the hospital wing. On the last bed on the bottom of the room, Remus Lupin is still sleeping. Three days after the silvery gunpowder pierce through the bowels.