Accio Magic!

That year's spring dawns especially wayward and in April, Scotland sneezes from the cold, and Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry wakes up on a completely frozen Sunday. It is James who rises in his pijamas, looks outside the window, and suggests that they should "celebrate" but at midnight, standing in front of the thousand-year-old stone walls one meter thick, it is Remus who prepares the spell. Peter has trouble not to slip out and Sirius stomps his feet on the floor to keep from dying of cold.

- Moony, do you want to hurry? My balls are freezing! and Wormtail here, he hasn't felt them in a long time.

Peter, walking slowly so he doesn't fall, corroborates that, because in fact, feels nothing from the waist down. Remus ignores them both, concentrates, asking for a bit of silence. Naturally asking Sirius for silence is like beseeching God that the rain thunder on the deserted plains of the Sahara desert.

- And if your balls are so cold, ask James to scratch them.

-Hey Jimmy, Remus wants you to do me a favor-.

While they are rubbing and biting each other, Peter announces that the round of prefects will pass, and they will see that there is no one in their rooms. It's the moment. Remus points to the Gryffindor tower with his wand and his voice turns solemn, and majestic when he utters the incantation.

Accio luminem omnia!

The ray of violet light coming out of the wand streaks the night vault and falls on the high towers of the castle. In seconds, the home of Gryffindor sparkles and lights up, as if millions of wisps would have gathered next to her, to make her revive as a gigantic Christmas tree. From among the four towers, the home of the marauders is the only one that shines. During the five minutes that the spell lasts, the four look at him full of adolescent glee. During the magic of their own transforming power, Sirius experiences the joy of magic in his pure state, when it serves for light and good and everything makes life one prank worthwhile.

- You are incredible, Moony - passes a hand on his shoulder while looking at Hogwarts and its tower of fire, about to be extinguished- you are fucking amazing.

Remus has a wolf inside, but when the moon wanes, it is only a boy with clothes too big, who downplays and shrinks shoulders.

- Bah, it was an easy spell.

For once, Sirius adopts a serious tone, which is almost reverential when he uses it. Hogwarts gleams in the middle of the night and deep in his heart, and for him, that's what youth will look like forever. He school, light, his friends. The magic.

- The spell is the least of it, Remus.

"The important thing is that you, are magical".