Uncle Walt (some loony with sweaty teeth)

Tell them. It seems such a simple idea. When Lily says it doesn't seem anything special. Tell Sirius all the feelings he has kept inside a box, deep in the soul, and stay calm, waiting for his reaction. Let Sirius decide if he throws his heart to the ground and dances on top with some Rolling Stones theme on the back, or on the contrary, it makes him fly to the moon. Sounds like a great plan.

He knows he won't be able to.

And if he has any doubt, the brave disappears immediately as soon as he enters the room and sees him. Lying in one of the red velvet armchairs, with his legs –the boots- on his bed. Animal, masculine, unattainable. Surprisingly reading. One of his books. That's less surprising because Sirius steals (he calls it "borrowing without permission") for compulsion.

It is the "Song to Myself", by Whitman. Remus has read it dozens of times. Sometimes he underlines it. He sometimes writes things down in books. He cannot remember what he has been able to write on that one but prays it isn't too intimate.

"Please don't let me have written anything about him".

He has gone up to the room to look for something but suddenly he doesn't remember what. He pretends that he searches through his things and remembers a time when he was alone in a room with Sirius it wouldn't have been as hard as breathing kerosene. It happened in another Age. Before tasting the rage of the kisses of him.

He doesn't look at him. He doesn't feel capable. But he notices the shattering scrutiny of him, while it was difficult for him to walk.

When Sirius does decide to speak, it is a relief. But the relief is short-lived.

- "I sing to the electric body". Is it because it's me or is this guy writing about sex?

-It's because it's you - he answers quickly, without thinking. Appreciates the noise of words. - To say that it is only about sex would be to trivialize Walt Whitman enough.

- You underlined a lot of things in here, Lupin.

"No please. Don't do it, Sirius. Don't read the underlines".

But naturally, he reads. And if someone can turn a great poet into a pornographer, that someone is a Gryffindor of bad fleas and worse intentions.

- "Copulation has no higher rank for me than death" - says Sirius. - "I believe in meat and appetites," he adds. - "Seeing, hearing, and feeling are miracles and every part and appendage of me is a miracle. "

He makes an inordinate silence. He looks at him long and hard. And he continues.

- "If I worship something, in particular, it will be some extension of my body." - He leaves a finger between the pages so as not to get lost. - "Extension of my body. "Is he talking about what I think he is talking about?

- You're taking the words out of context.

- I? You have underlined it, Moony.- He shrugs his shoulders with a fatal feign of innocence. - I'm just reading here.

- That's not reading.

Reading is saying the words and catching their meaning. What Sirius does is turn words into parts of himself and display them as attributes to serve his interests.

- And what is?

"To provoke".

- Another thing.

- Whenever you read poetry are you reading these dirty things that inspire to sin, right?

- They are not dirty.